Longtime Big East writer Kevin McNamara talks UConn men’s basketball on podcast | The Boneyard

Longtime Big East writer Kevin McNamara talks UConn men’s basketball on podcast

Reaction Score
In our podcast, we get McNamara’s opinion on how the Big East will shake out this season, how good he thinks UConn will be, his thoughts on Dan Hurley (who McNamara got to know well while Hurley coached at URI from 2012-18), whether or not PC-UConn can become a sizzling, border-war rivalry and other insightful takes.

Reaction Score
Couple of statements he made I hadn't really focused on. One was that it isn't just no fans at the games, if a game were in Providence today, the press wouldn't be able to attend either. I had been focused on the league working out the protocols uniformly for the league based on working with the states. He pointed out 11 teams in 11 states with 11 different health protocols. It appears the coaches have a high expectation they won't really play their schedule. I thought they would at least put on a face of optimism. Also surprised me that most of our kids were on campus far before nearly every other school which didn't have players on campuses until mid Aug. I had just assumed the other schools were acting the same. I would have thought it would be difficult to have a significant discussion of UConn's prospects without ever mentioning Polley or Jackson, and only saying Sanogo's name, but they did it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom