Longest to go undefeated this season? | The Boneyard

Longest to go undefeated this season?

which team will go the longest before losing a game this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
This bet is now between the Gamecocks and Huskies, because all the others on the list have already lost one game.

Reaction Score
Some teams might think they can win against Uconn,BUT, that is wishful thinking. I do not see another team that can compete with Uconn 's 10 player scoring barrage or it's pressing defense. the two put together is another undefeated season.. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
I don't see a lot of teams even playing UConn close let alone beating them. Geno will go to his 7-8 person rotation and completely blow out people early and then the others will clean up the 4th quarter. This might be the best talent UConn has ever had on one team and they simply don't lose when they have better players.

Reaction Score
So like the 2014 NC game?? :eek: I don't know if my heart could take another one of those.

Although, UConn did their 2nd duel championship in 2014. Maybe you are on to something ...

Reaction Score
I like SC’s chances this season… or rather, I hate them :eek::D. That will be a great game.

If PaoPao improves their perimeter shooting — SC’s lone weakness last season — they’ll be hard (well nigh impossible) to beat. But the example of SC shows exactly why we could go undefeated. They’re our primary rival as I see it. We could lose to anyone on an off night. But against SC, it’ll be a fierce contest even if we’re playing great.

SC thumped ND without Miles, who had to rely on a freshman pg, and their other stars weren’t firing on all cylinders yet. They ought to beat MD handily and the terms of that contest will be a little like what they’ll face in UConn — a guard oriented team with good perimeter shooting. We’re much better than MD in the post (thin as we are) and probably better from 3. But similar in other respects. If SC struggles against MD’s guards, they’ll struggle much more against us. And we already know Aaliyah can score well against Kamila.

Reaction Score
If anyone can, it will likely be UConn but it’s pretty unlikely. There is simply too much talent now. Twenty years ago when you had Dee, Maya, Breanna and other high level players as well, you were in a much stronger position vis a vis other teams. Those players were essentially alone at the top of the pyramid. Now, the talent level has risen to the point where you see many of these top players on multiple teams. UCLA has Rice and Betts, and just picked up a committment from Betts star sister. USC has Juju & Rayah, SC has Cardoso, and multiple other very good players, LSU has multiple top players, Texas, ND, Iowa, etc. Now, we still have, I believe, the best roster in women’s basketball but others (many others) are narrowing the gap quickly! We also have the best coaching staff. There again though, the gap is gradually narrowing. Going undefeated now is even more brutally difficult than ever.

Reaction Score
We will learn a lot about UConn and South Carolina today. On paper, but should win comfortably.

Reaction Score
I don't see a lot of teams even playing UConn close let alone beating them. Geno will go to his 7-8 person rotation and completely blow out people early and then the others will clean up the 4th quarter. This might be the best talent UConn has ever had on one team and they simply don't lose when they have better players.
Except 2017 and 2018, sadly...;)

Reaction Score
From what I saw today, Maryland will be a really tough game.

And this is nowhere near the most talented UConn team.

Reaction Score
While the sample size is small, based on how I saw SC play today they have the ability to be better than last year. Better ball handling, well rounded in all areas. Just as strong - maybe even a better rebounding team than last year.

Reaction Score
While the sample size is small, based on how I saw SC play today they have the ability to be better than last year. Better ball handling, well rounded in all areas. Just as strong - maybe even a better rebounding team than last year.
They are a better team than last year. Last year I felt like their game was all about feasting on offensive rebounds. This year they are rebounding well AND shooting well. Although they’ve had close first halves so far, it seems like once they get on a run (you know, the kind UConn used to be known for :(), they are unstoppable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom