Longest season ever | The Boneyard

Longest season ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In the course of other business tonight I stumbled upon the balance of my tickets.

I've had season tickets since 2000 - even in bad years the season went by in a flash and I counted down the days.

The 2013 season seems to be a science experiment - not only are there still two home games - the concept it's only 66% over is hard to believe.

I don't know which game they win - but I'm fairly sure they win one. It seems impossible but i think it might be Rutgers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Keep in mind tonight that there are actual humans who propose hiring Greg Schiano to coach UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The 10 people left posting on the football board > the 100 people posting on the football board

#whereisbizlaw

Reaction Score
Keep in mind tonight that there are actual humans who propose hiring Greg Schiano to coach UConn.
God I hope no one thinks I'm one of em. I just have a funny feeling he will throw his hat into the ring. And Warde will pick up the phone. I've never wanted to be wrong more.

Like you, this season has been brutally long. All I really care is who the next coach is. Would love for the seniors to get a win though.

Reaction Score
I'm kinda detached. I watch, I cheer, I revolve my schedule around the games. But I feel like I'm just going through the motions. Trying not to care so much. Waiting till it gets better.

Reaction Score
You have to have a change of perspective....

Just turn everything on its head and start cheering for a perfect season ...0-12.

Every game is then meaningful.

And, believe me from personal experience, 35 years later you can tell the newby bandwagoneers that you were there. They will listen to your story of that awful year in awe and admire your fortitude and fan loyalty.

Your experience becomes part of the team legend, the Dunkirk of UConn football.

With a string of winning years, there will be some young folks look at you and whisper.."wish I could have been there."

Reaction Score
You have to have a change of perspective....

Just turn everything on its head and start cheering for a perfect season ...0-12.

Every game is then meaningful.

And, believe me from personal experience, 35 years later you can tell the newby bandwagoneers that you were there. They will listen to your story of that awful year in awe and admire your fortitude and fan loyalty.

Your experience becomes part of the team legend, the Dunkirk of UConn football.

With a string of winning years, there will be some young folks look at you and whisper.."wish I could have been there."

Just hope it is Dunkirk (where they came back) and not Saigon (where we were gone for good).

Reaction Score
Our first game was in August and now there's snow on the ground. Towson feels like 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom