Longest current winning streak? | The Boneyard

Longest current winning streak?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Usually, only one major team ends the season with a win. ( Not counting teams that don't make the tournament, or win the NIT) With last season's abrupt ending, several teams had winning streaks going. So, who has the longest active winning streak? What is UConn's current streak?

Reaction Score
From what I found:

South Carolina: 27 (Last loss to Indiana)
Princeton: 21 (Last loss in OT to Iowa)
South Dakota: 19
Oregon: 19 (Arizona State is here to stay)
UConn: 9

I would imagine that there are others. Teams like Gonzaga, Northwestern, and others lost late in the season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From what I found:

South Carolina: 27 (Last loss to Indiana)
Princeton: 21 (Last loss in OT to Iowa)
South Dakota: 19
Oregon: 19 (Arizona State is here to stay)
UConn: 9

I would imagine that there are others. Teams like Gonzaga, Northwestern, and others lost late in the season.

You beat me to it. 9 is the correct answer. UConn’s last win was over Cincinnati in the conference championship game on March 9.

Reaction Score
Here's a video of UConn's 2017 game against S Carolina. (sorry SC fans, you lose)

This is a recently added video. The game has a running commentary added from A Dime Back with guest commentator Gabby Williams. There are some UConn tidbits from Williams. The one that applies to this thread is about winning streaks and according to Williams the entire team hated having to talk about them, for a few reasons. First it was a record that went back to before all but one team member were even on the team. Another reason is that that's all the media ever wanted to talk about. It was the first question in every interview and they simply got sick of having to give the same answer. Williams also said that Rowe was the best interviewer. She asked original questions while the hoard asked the same things every game.

As for the game .... that is for another thread but it was Williams/Collier vs Wilson/Coates.

Reaction Score
After the end of this season and hopefully a full March Madness my hope is that UConn will have the longest streak of those who made the tourney :D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom