Long Shot | The Boneyard

Long Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Best thing that could happen right now is UVA to BIG. It seems that the Big 12 "takeover" of the ACC is not happening anytime soon, or at all. There does seem to be a lot of talk of UVA to BIG for #15. Who would then be #16? BC? Duke won't leave without UNC. The BIG doesn't want Florida State or the southern schools. This is where hopefully (I know a long shot) UCONN has a chance to sneak in to the last spot based on academics, TV market, solid athletic program, growing football, etc. With the AAU being a couple of years away, I fear we are still on the outside looking in right now.

Reaction Score
I'm going to be kind to you. Have you been in a coma? Jail...? Internet been down? :cool:

Reaction Score
Well, there was this tweet by the ESPN guys who cover the Big 10.

Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_BigTen
Virginia, by the way, is playing Oregon on Sept. 14. Penn State might as well wait for Virginia to join the Big Ten. Will play all the time

Were they just kidding around?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The ideal situation would be Virginia telling the B1G that they are willing to go to the B1G, but it has to be right now...or else they will not go in the future due to excalating fees in the ACC. And then the rest of the ACC tells the B1G that they are staying loyal to the ACC and not leaving. That would leave UConn as the only choice for #16. Although I guess the B1G could just stay at 15...as they were at the odd number of 11 for many years.

There is less than a 0.0001% chance of that happening....but a boy can dream!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104