Long Article on the 6OT Game vs. Syracuse | The Boneyard

Long Article on the 6OT Game vs. Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Great article ... but I still have a hard time thinking about that game.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
That comment by Raftery at the end is hilarious.

Raftery, broadcaster:
I don’t even know even know if we went out, which is very unusual for me in New York. In fact one of the comments I’ve had is that it’s the latest I’ve ever come home from New York without my wife being mad at me.

Reaction Score
Great article ... but I still have a hard time thinking about that game.

Yeah me too! I had 15% of my kidney removed that day and remember waking up late at night in my room, put on ESPN and saw the results of the 6 OT game. Fortunately the tumor was benign, but I wish I could have watched it-then again maybe not!

Reaction Score
I'll never forget being on Spring Break in Cancun and trying to desperately watch the game on a stranger's laptop with a poor internet stream. The internet cafe was closing down but we had to keep begging them to stay open with each overtime period so we could buy more internet minutes.

Reaction Score
After reading that, remembering the game and reading the player's comments it really hits home just how special the Big East really was and how the Big East Tournament will never be equaled.

I know the Cues fans are happy that their future is secure in the ACC as compared to ours in the AAC we all know that deep in their hearts they know that things will never equal what they had in the Big East.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I was at that game. It was incredible. I remember calling my cousin after the 3rd overtime and waking him up; told him to flip to ESPN and watch history in the making.

Was a miserable loss, but was compounded by the fact that by the time we made it back to Grand Central, we had missed the last train back into Connecticut. The only hotels nearby were insanely overpriced for what would've been a 4-hour stay, so we wandered around the city. Went into a bar and sat down on couches in the back, just trying to kill time. The waiters were all really nice; we kept falling asleep on the couches and they kept waking us up and telling us we couldn't sleep there. We didn't even order anything besides water since we were too tired to drink. But they brought us free popcorn and were awesome despite us essentially being homeless for the night and crashing on their couches. It took almost an hour before my father leaned in and said "Hey Mark, do you think this is a gay bar?" It was pretty obvious that it was after a quick glance around. I guess we were too tired to notice earlier. Anyway, the bar closed at 4 and we wandered around the city for a few hours until Grand Central opened up. An epic journey home, capping off an epic day at the Big East Tournament and (quite possibly) the greatest game in college basketball history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom