LOLZ ou claims they were bluffing the whole time and used the pac 12 as leverage to reform the xii | The Boneyard

LOLZ ou claims they were bluffing the whole time and used the pac 12 as leverage to reform the xii

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just when I thought we covered all the angles. Now they are bringing in fiction writers to come up with bizzaro twists.

Reaction Score
I personally believe PAC-12 made a mistake not taking the Oklahoma schools. Sure they are not academically strong, but you just don't pass on a program like OU if they are available. Now PAC-12 might lose them to the SEC. PAC-12, unlike SEC and B1G, has less options for expansion down the road. Right now they are sitting pretty with their big fat TV contract. When it comes to 2021 when their deal is up for renewal, there is a good chance other power conferences will surpass them. We all know going to 16 will be just matter of time. 14 is not a good league number for scheduling etc. You either stay at 12 or go to 16.

Anyway, I wonder if PAC-12 will revisit adding Oklahoma schools soon before SEC makes its move.

Reaction Score
The only fiction writers are the ou administration who cracked this half Ass story. Absolutely no one, including the paper that wrote it, believes it.

Reaction Score
I agree the pac passing on ou is dumb. I don't buy their story on being so stables and great. hey added Colorado and Utah, Whoppee. their football prowess is usc, Oregon, and who else but a bunch of average perennial whocares.com bowl contenders? the pac seems like its got the emperors new clothes on just a bit.

Reaction Score
I agree the pac passing on ou is dumb. I don't buy their story on being so stables and great. hey added Colorado and Utah, Whoppee. their football prowess is usc, Oregon, and who else but a bunch of average perennial whocares.com bowl contenders? the pac seems like its got the emperors new clothes on just a bit.

Expansion is for the long term. PAC-12 not taking OU might come back to haunt them like BE turning down PSU. Staying at 12 now might be great for their current TV deal, but what about 10 years from now. They gonna regret this at some point.

SEC and B1G's next deal could blow away PAC-12's.

Reaction Score
The pac is also at a big disadvantage bc almost all of their games end after two thirds of the county is asleep. Ou gives them a stake in a better time zone.

Reaction Score
I am guessing they think OU might still be around whenever they want to expand. That might be true unless OU decides to head for the SEC. Remember SEC already made OU an offer last year without OSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom