LOL Jets | The Boneyard

LOL Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno Smith is out 2 months with a broken jaw sustained from a punch from a teammate in the locker room.

J E T S Jets!!

Reaction Score
WOW...Todd Bowles has a big effort ahead of him!

Reaction Score
Lots of players have played with their jaws wired shut. Tough to do when you're QB though, and that whole cadence play calling in the huddle thing is involved. The voice of the teacher from Charlie Brown's classroom won't do the job.

Rumor is that whatever they were fighting about was grade school stuff too. Dumb players do dumb things, so they say.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This could spell disaster for Todd Bowles if the Jets can't win this season... Losing control of the locker room and having your franchise QB get literally knocked out of the roster for the first 10 weeks is horrible for a 1st year HC.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This could spell disaster for Todd Bowles if the Jets can't win this season... Losing control of the locker room and having your franchise QB get literally knocked out of the roster for the first 10 weeks is horrible for a 1st year HC.

OK...this is a bit extreme. It is Bowles first season....it won't "spell disaster" for him to not win this year. Most people are picking them for 8-8 at best. Second...he isn't a "franchise qb". He is the "only option for qb".

Lastly...they may be better off with Fitzpatrick as QB.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Are the Jets the worst franchise in the NFL? It's either them, the Raiders, or the Jaguars.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This lowers the Jets over/under W total from 6 to 4. They'll likely be 1-6 or 2-5 by the time he gets back.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
This lowers the Jets over/under W total from 6 to 4. They'll likely be 1-6 or 2-5 by the time he gets back.

You think so? I think they have a great D and play makers on O. I would even argue Fitzpatrick is better than Geno. They look like a 7-9 or 8-8 team to me.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
You think so? I think they have a great D and play makers on O. I would even argue Fitzpatrick is better than Geno. They look like a 7-9 or 8-8 team to me.
Agree. There is no reason to think geno is better than Fitzpatrick. The problem is depth.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Heard that whatever Geno threw was short by 2-3 yards.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
OK...this is a bit extreme. It is Bowles first season....it won't "spell disaster" for him to not win this year. Most people are picking them for 8-8 at best. Second...he isn't a "franchise qb". He is the "only option for qb".

Lastly...they may be better off with Fitzpatrick as QB.
Yeah, I completly agree its addition by subtraction for the Jets at QB for sure... Regardless, I'm a lifelong Jets fan. Its b.een a rough day/decade! Haha

Reaction Score
Geno Smith is out 2 months with a broken jaw sustained from a punch from a teammate in the locker room.

J E T S Jets!!

These guys are putting millions at risk and suffering bodily harm because of foolishness...
GNO did get sucker punchd but it seems that he could have avoided the conflict by taking conntrol of the situation. That's what leaders do. This is why Diaco looks for RKG's and this is why Sean McQuillan is no longer with UCONN! Pure stupidity!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13416881/geno-smith-new-york-jets-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw.

Reaction Score
These guys are putting millions at risk and suffering bodily harm because of foolishness...
GNO did get sucker punchd but it seems that he could have avoided the conflict by taking conntrol of the situation. That's what leaders do. This is why Diaco looks for RKG's and this is why Sean McQuillan is no longer with UCONN! Pure stupidity!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13416881/geno-smith-new-york-jets-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw.

Well not confuse anything with facts here but McQuillan is no longer with the program because the SCHOOL expelled him. Diaco would've taken him back.

Regarding Geno, should anyone be surprised? Morgantown has not exactly produced world class citizens.

Reaction Score
Well not confuse anything with facts here but McQuillan is no longer with the program because the SCHOOL expelled him. Diaco would've taken him back.

Regarding Geno, should anyone be surprised? Morgantown has not exactly produced world class citizens.

yes, I agree about Sean. I liked him and had high hopes. I am just saying that in todays day and age these young mean have to think of the consequences. I have a feeling that Diaco would may have given him a break as well. The Kieth Hernandez debacle did not help him either. Gino as the team leader probably could have handled things better. Hopefully we all learn from our mistakes in life.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Karma can be a bitch.

Reaction Score
yes, I agree about Sean. I liked him and had high hopes. I am just saying that in todays day and age these young mean have to think of the consequences. I have a feeling that Diaco would may have given him a break as well. The Kieth Hernandez debacle did not help him either. Gino as the team leader probably could have handled things better. Hopefully we all learn from our mistakes in life.

Keith Hernandez? I'M Keith Hernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate