Lol @ everyone who thought a 4 man front would solve our issues | The Boneyard

Lol @ everyone who thought a 4 man front would solve our issues

Reaction Score
The Crocker 3-3 theory requires specific personnel that you don’t get as a mid-tier FCS program. You need more than 210 pound guys with good speed. You need tweens that are very fast and very strong, capable of playing physical run stop and finesse cover from one play to the next. Might work at 1AA as a gimmick because lineman are slower and it could work if you can recruit elite talent. It ain’t working at UConn.

The 4 man front did roughly handle the run. The problem is once you get behind the four, there is no beef to bring. I saw guys on stunts stopped dead in their tracks unable to get off blocks... too small, too weak to handle FCS level lineman.

Reaction Score
It looked like we had one tackle by the d-line on a run between the tackles. Brutal.

Reaction Score
I don’t know that is not Randy Edsall defense out there. I actually thought offense was a bright spot tonight even with turnovers. I find that WR have better handle on the ball. Plus, Scott was not bad either

Reaction Score
The Crocker 3-3 theory requires specific personnel that you don’t get as a mid-tier FCS program. You need more than 210 pound guys with good speed. You need tweens that are very fast and very strong, capable of playing physical run stop and finesse cover from one play to the next. Might work at 1AA as a gimmick because lineman are slower and it could work if you can recruit elite talent. It ain’t working at UConn.

The 4 man front did roughly handle the run. The problem is once you get behind the four, there is no beef to bring. I saw guys on stunts stopped dead in their tracks unable to get off blocks... too small, too weak to handle FCS level lineman.

How do you know? We've never actually tried it.

And the 4 man front didn't handle the run. Zero TFL's is not handling the run.

Reaction Score
How do you know? We've never actually tried it.

And the 4 man front didn't handle the run. Zero TFL's is not handling the run.
How many times did we get stuck with 1 LB in the box -1 and get gashed for 20 yards right up the middle? 3 times? 4 times? It drove me crazy.

Reaction Score

What can be done with the current talent level?
Doing a better job of disguising blitzes by cornerbacks?

Reaction Score
No Trevardo Wiliams, no Cody Brown, no Jesse Joseph, no Shawn Mayne, no Uyi Osunde, no Lindsey Whitten.

No pass rushing 245 lb types. That is our issue.

That’s the way I see it. And we have nothing at LB at the moment. Incredible to me that Diaco was so grossly incompetent recruiting those positions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom