LOL back to their old tricks | The Boneyard

LOL back to their old tricks

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A631CD15-3B36-4C5F-8920-B6FDEE8E9C30.png

Remember when we talked about how they stopped selling 3 game lower seatback packages....

well they have $90 in the club and $50 lower seatbacks for UCF.

Keep underselling the best customers who make those seat donations that lost their tax benefit this year though. That’s a long term winner.

Reaction Score
Maybe we recognize we pay the long dollar to support the program......and maybe the AD recognizes that as well.

I’m not stupid Whaler, just a little benevolent......and suspect I am not alone.

Enjoy the game!

Reaction Score
View attachment 33777

Remember when we talked about how they stopped selling 3 game lower seatback packages....

well they have $90 in the club and $50 lower seatbacks for UCF.

Keep underselling the best customers who make those seat donations that lost their tax benefit this year though. That’s a long term winner.

You’re sitting inside you bourgeois m f’er?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe we recognize we pay the long dollar to support the program.and maybe the AD recognizes that as well.

I’m not stupid Whaler, just a little benevolent.and suspect I am not alone.

Enjoy the game!

That a few thousand people treat it like a charity doesn’t change the fact it’s a business and should be run like one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No I clicked on an ad the Boneyard served up to see what they were selling.

I did sit inside last year, but am back outside this year.

Reaction Score
That a few thousand people treat it like a charity doesn’t change the fact it’s a business and should be run like one.

It is a business and a big part of it is based on charity.

Season ticket holders aren’t stupid. We fork over each season largely to support the program. We know how to use the internet or scalp a ticket at the gate. We simply choose another path.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Season ticket holders aren’t stupid. We fork over each season largely to support the program. We know how to use the internet or scalp a ticket at the gate. We simply choose another path.

Yes I know there are a handful of people who act this way.

I get that you and some others don’t get how stupid it is to undercut your best customers because a handful of you don’t care... but maybe note how empty every UConn venue is and contemplate maybe their strategies are long term losers...

Reaction Score
Yes I know there are a handful of people who act this way.

I get that you and some others don’t get how stupid it is to undercut your best customers because a handful of you don’t care... but maybe note how empty every UConn venue is and contemplate maybe their strategies are long term losers...

You say a handful, but you don’t know that. Could be the vast majority of season ticket holders. Could be that the decline has to do with on field performance and those seats are lost irrespective of price.

Benedict isn’t stupid Whaler and either am I. Ignorance is failing to recognize that.

Have a good night.

Reaction Score

I’m no longer a season ticket holder because they’ve given me every reason not to be.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You say a handful, but you don’t know that. Could be the vast majority of season ticket holders. Could be that the decline has to do with on field performance and those seats are lost irrespective of price.

Benedict isn’t stupid Whaler and either am I. Ignorance is failing to recognize that.

Have a good night.

Yep successful businesses treat their best customers the worst. You nailed it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pretty weak.

I’m out.

You’ve said you were out a number of times.

I’m sorry that you can’t think bigger than yourself but they are beyond terrible at this.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Didn't think I'd have the stones to admit it here but this is the first time in 21 yrs I didn't get season tickets. 20% Ffld Cty mixed with 85% getting old and I just can't do it any more. I continue to donate to the program, just not through season tickets. I'll pay to go to 2-3 games this year but I'll come back EVERY week when the experience warrants the fee.

That's right. 105%!

Reaction Score
Have 2 tickets. I’ll buy 6 flex pack tickets along the way. Last year I bought 4 and recruited people to come. Not doing it anymore at the higher prices

Reaction Score
With 2 weeks to go I can deal with any effort to get people in the stadium. I don't mind others getting in for less game by game. I had a couple seasons where I was buying tickets game by game due to kids high school sports. Hopefully we will improve enough on the field to get our season ticket number up in the future. Let's just enjoy this season and beat this to death in the offseason. Discounted tickets for youth groups, businesses, whatever it takes. We aren't in a perfect scenario Whaler.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

CT Mike liked this crap? I spent half of last season watching him try to squat in 241.

The worst part is I ate a bunch of club seats at the last second when it was too late to reach out to anyone.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, UConn hasn’t found the right seat back formula. I would either dramatically cut the donation price in half or I think they should just end that segmentation and put seat backs from goal line to goal line on the lower level and charge a $150 -$200 donation.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, UConn hasn’t found the right seat back formula. I would either dramatically cut the donation price in half or I think they should just end that segmentation and put seat backs from goal line to goal line on the lower level and charge a $150 -$200 donation.

The other issue is that you can sit almost anywhere regardless of the ticket you buy. Upper chair backs have entire empty rows lots of the time. Whenever I want a nice view, I just go up there. I would probably buy em for a season if it was like $300

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom