LOL... Arizona just announced a self-imposed one-year postseason ban. | The Boneyard

LOL... Arizona just announced a self-imposed one-year postseason ban.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is buulshtein
They say former coaches made bad judgements - no mention of Miller
Absolutely crazy
And if there is no tournament this year?
Lets hope that IARP does its job as the next step
I HATE THE NCAA

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
NCAA shouldn’t let them off the hook.
Agree.
1609280932992.png

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
U of A statement in part: This decision also reinforces the institutions commitment to accountability and integrity ......

Made me chuckle:)

Reaction Score
Sean Miller is slime...so happy we kept him from Final 4. He should be driving a bus on Staten Island, even that is above him.

Bill Self is a close 2nd on slime meter, Calipari at least doesn't pretend he's clean.

Of course high level college players deserve compensation but Miller and Self were caught cheating and kept lying....be a man and admit it but kept lying.

Last edited:

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
"During these unprecedented times, we here at Arizona feel that its a beneficial time to address, and penalize our basketball program for flagrant misconduct."
Whoever said that deserves a raise.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Shhhhh

don't draw any attention to us, we might get punished a third time for having a failing APR score in 2009

Reaction Score
NCAA should forget the detailed rules. Adopt rules for the game, how many scholarships you can have and a rule to end 1-dones Then some very basic eligibility rules like you need to graduate from a high school recognized by some legitimate authority in your state or nation. Decisions on admissions should be made by universities, not the NCAA. Likewise, eligibility should be determined by the school, not the NCAA. Wheter a player gets a job in the AD office or a local business should be the student’s decision, not the NCAA. and what players get for snacks, meals, housing etc should be determined by the school. The rule book should be 10 pages, not 5 volumes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"During these unprecedented times, we here at Arizona feel that its a beneficial time to address, and penalize our basketball program for flagrant misconduct."

Never let a tragedy or emergency go to waste.

Reaction Score
I hope the NCAA handles Arizona's self-imposed postseason ban the same way I hope it handles Auburn's self-imposed postseason ban -- by completely ignoring it and making it clear that the NCAA will decide how and when the programs are punished, not the other way around. When you're a teenager, you don't get to ground yourself for the weekend and get credit for time-served when the weekend appears to be lame relative to the weekends you hope to enjoy in the future. That's not left up to you. For similar reasons, this should not be left up to Auburn and Arizona. And I'd write the same about literally any other school.

Again, it's just wrong.

Reaction Score
Probably going back to the final KO season, I put you on Ignore and when I readjusted after the coaching change, I never removed you. It may have been because you weren't a high volume poster, so that your absence didn't disrupt my reading flow. It still comes as somewhat of a surprise whenever I'm alerted that there is Ignored content.

The above is all by way of saying this post alerts me to take you off of Ignore and apologize/admit my mistake/make amends or whatever one would call it. Of course, this is more about me than you, and really doesn't matter, but it strikes me as a more honest way to register a Like for a post about stuff I dislike.

Thanks, and best wishes for the new year.

Is this a real quote or just I don't remember the exchange that lead to the ignore, but thanks
Thanks my friend

Reaction Score
Kentucky will be next
and Duke accopanied by a lot of self-righteous tears and maybe back pain with Dicky V announcing to the world how K is being a man, doing the right thing, and it wasn't his fault.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom