Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Pic

pe6azuju.jpg

U

UCONNfan1

It looks great. I still don't understand the people who were slightly hysterical about the change loving the old one and hating the new one...

Reaction Score
I think it came down to the old dog was 'real looking', distinct and memorable while the new one is more clip-arty. static and forgettable.

What great thing for Guyer!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think it came down to the old dog was 'real looking', distinct and memorable while the new one is more clip-arty. static and forgettable.

What great thing for Guyer!

Did a single person in the entire world who didn't go UConn or grow up in Connecticut ever buy UConn merch featuring the old logo? Did a single teenager outside the state of CT ever say, "Oh man, that Jonathan is one cool customer -- I've got to run out and get as many shirts and hats featuring that 'real looking' logo as possible"?

A picture of a tree might be real looking but I don't want to look at it and it does nothing for the school, even if it's traditional. I take your point about the new logo seeming "clip-arty" to you; we'll agree to disagree on that.

Reaction Score
Did a single person in the entire world who didn't go UConn or grow up in Connecticut ever buy UConn merch featuring the old logo? Did a single teenager outside the state of CT ever say, "Oh man, that Jonathan is one cool customer -- I've got to run out and get as many shirts and hats featuring that 'real looking' logo as possible"?

A picture of a tree might be real looking but I don't want to look at it and it does nothing for the school, even if it's traditional. I take your point about the new logo seeming "clip-arty" to you; we'll agree to disagree on that.
I've seen a lot of people out of state wearing gear with the old logo and every single time I've stopped to talk to someone they are a UConn fan or from CT. For one of the top hoops programs in the country our gear was never seen much, the old logo was boring.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the logo on clothing but not so much on the court. I'm curious to see what it looks like at Gampel or the XL.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I for one am excited by the new logo at Guyer and can't wait to see it at The Rent this fall.

Reaction Score
I like the logo on clothing but not so much on the court. I'm curious to see what it looks like at Gampel or the XL.
I totally agree. I like the logo that's been floated around but it appears they softened him up a bit for the Guyer logo. The mouth looks more rounded at the bottom and he's practically smiling! Am I losing it or is this a modified version of the logo on clothing?

Reaction Score
It looks great. I still don't understand the people who were slightly hysterical about the change loving the old one and hating the new one...
I love the logo in your avatar but that isn't what's on the Guyer floor. I just hope for Gampel and XL they make him look a little more intimidating.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I love the logo in your avatar but that isn't what's on the Guyer floor. I just hope for Gampel and XL they make him look a little more intimidating.

I think it's just the perspective of the photo that's making it look a bit different.

I was one of the posters that was pretty vocally opposed to the new logo when it first came out. I just want to be clear that I think the design of the new logo is really good. I don't think it looks like clip art. I don't think it looks like a bear. When the new gear comes out I will buy stuff with the new logo. No question.

My issue with the logo is that we left a little tradition out of it by not having a white husky. Not the end of the world. I'll still support the team. I just think they missed something important. Didn't it say in the other thread (FlaHusky's?) that JC didn't like the new logo because it didn't look like UConn. I agree with him.

Still, it looks pretty cool on a bball court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds