Locker Room Fodder? | The Boneyard

Locker Room Fodder?

Reaction Score
Well, maybe on the top of the blackboard for a couple of games? Just a thought.

"Not every shot is supposed to go in. God isn't punishing you. Figure out a way to help us win the game."

Geno is so good at these things.

No. 1 UConn escapes Tulane with 101st straight win
Geno the master motivator, psychologist, mind game manipulator extraordinaire!! So why it he taking so long to make Napheesa and KLS (both of whom he spoke of this way) to see the Uconn light of shoot it and forget it. He should bring in the expert in that ---DT.
But who was Geno Free throw coach?? He should fire him or her---or retrain the whole shebang.
Katie Lou needs to rebound and attack more--Saniya needs to shoot when open. Danger needs to attack and if that doesn't work drop the threes she knows how to shoot.
This time of the year play the game of basketball not the game of minds.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I loved this one from the last Geno show:

"When you want something done, go to the person who's always busy."

It's counterintuitive, but SO true, and something I've done at work for years without knowing it.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I'm amazed that so many foul shots are missed. Have to assume that they are no longer practiced in the back yard and are considered to be of little importance to kids today concentrating upon making the 3. That being said, I wonder how much importance is placed upon practicing them in college. It's just a matter of technique and muscle memory; no mystery involved.

Reaction Score
I loved this one from the last Geno show:

"When you want something done, go to the person who's always busy."

It's counterintuitive, but SO true, and something I've done at work for years without knowing it.
An old time adage --with a smig of truth to it. The implication is busy people tend to get a lot done---however in truth--some busy people are busy because they can't get things done.
Workers get things done--if you want it done --give it to a worker---not a shirker.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed that so many foul shots are missed. Have to assume that they are no longer practiced in the back yard and are considered to be of little importance to kids today concentrating upon making the 3. That being said, I wonder how much importance is placed upon practicing them in college. It's just a matter of technique and muscle memory; no mystery involved.
Foul shots are practiced regularly by most if not all teams--foul shots at end of games --win games--. Geno has lamented that he stopped teaching foul shooting because they only learn how to shoot them bad--but he again was hitting his team where it hurts to get their attention.
Muffet usually had decent foul shooterS--Turner may be the exception\
Geno also --in jest has stated he was going to fire the Free throw coach.
Uconn is usually an 80 percent or better team--Danger and other freshmen not withstanding. Opponents of all teams--look for the freshmen to foul in tight spots--knowing their nerves were most likely to cave in big time situations..

Reaction Score
Concur with you based on 30+ years teaching/coaching Jr High/Middle School girl's basketball. Technique is taught and stressed continually. Muscle memory comes from repetition ... not my responsibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom