Lochte made up robbery story. | The Boneyard

Lochte made up robbery story.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There are elements that are true. The taxi didn't drive off. The guard approached the taxi.(@1:50) They exit. at @ 2:40 you can see the guys with their hands up and the sitting on the ground. Lochte does sit down but he gets back up 4:11 with one of the other guys trying to pursuade him not to. I didn't see them breaking down a door or "fighting with security."

A guy with a gun speaking a language you don't understand, demands that you pay money. It might feel kind of like a robbery.

I not saying that these guys aren't idiots. I'm saying that truth often lies somewhere in the middle of two diverging stories.

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Note, they never filed a police report or reported the robbery. The police came to them after Lochte’s mom relayed the story her beloved son TOLD HER.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I feel bad for the other 3 swimmers involved.

Lochte had to go open his big mouth and create a -storm driven by his ego and machismo. If he had just kept the story to himself, this would have been a story that the 4 of these guys would have told over beers 20 years from now and would have been a classic "wild night out with the boys" story that was epic and awesome. Instead, now they are all swept up into this crazy mess and will always be known as "that swimmer who lied and created an international drama".

And if Lochte creating this whole mess with his big mouth wasn't bad enough, he did it after he skipped town and left the other 3 guys to deal with the mess in Brazil. If I am one of the other 3 guys, I am royally pissed at Lochte for putting me in this mess.

Reaction Score
Here's what we know so far.

1) Lochte is a moron. He pissed in an alley and ripped an metal poster frame off the wall, but there's no indication he ever made it into the bathroom, let alone damaged it. He also got in a verbal confrontation with a guy pointing a gun at him. We all laughed when he originally said that, but we underestimated his stupidity.

2) Having a gun pointed at you and being told you can't leave until you give them money is robbery. They were robbed, at gun point. I'm curious what kind of 'security' guards these were. The one swimmers account said these two guys just had guns tucked into their belts. I'm not sure the Brazilian authorities making a huge deal out of this helped their cause at all.

Reaction Score
On the WBB board there is a Badass Award. If we had an Olympic Award I'm thinking Hope Solo - worthy as she is - might have to settle for silver this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom