Local places to eat in Tuscon? | The Boneyard

Local places to eat in Tuscon?

Reaction Score
Headed to the game on Thursday if anyone has local suggestions for food that would be appreciated

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
From a Tucson native:

(Sonoran only, NO Tex Mex!)
El Charro - On Court St. downtown; Fabulous, but often crowded.
Taco Gyro - On Grande; Excellent.
Rosa's - On corner of Campbell and Ft. Lowell; VERY good, best salsa in Arizona.
Mi Nidito - The restaurant where Slick Willie Clinton ate two plates of food in one sitting.

General
Union Public House - Nice location (St. Phillip's Plaza), nice pub and higher end sports bar; Great food - burgers, meatloaf, salmon, sliders, & great drinks.
Barrio Brew House - On 18th; Excellent burgers, its own brew.
Frog and Firkin - University & Park, just by the west entrance to Arizona's low-end university; nice place to go before a game.
Pita Jungle - 2 locations (Broadway and Williams Centre, and Oracle and Ina); EXCELLENT food, vegetarian and not - best fish sandwiches I've ever had.

Local Tradition - Pat's chili dogs; Good, not great, but fun.

And more:

Brother John's BBQ on Stone Ave.
Saffron (Indian cuisine) - 2 locations, one near west entrance to U of A campus.
Obon (Korean cuisine) - E. Congress, downtown.
Frank's - Pima near Alvernon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From a Tucson native:

Rosa's - On corner of Campbell and Ft. Lowell; VERY good, best salsa in Arizona.
Mi Nidito - The restaurant where Slick Willie Clinton ate two plates of food in one sitting.

General
Union Public House - Nice location (St. Phillip's Plaza), nice pub and higher end sports bar; Great food - burgers, meatloaf, salmon, sliders, & great drinks.
Frog and Firkin - University & Park, just by the west entrance to Arizona's low-end university; nice place to go before a game.
Pita Jungle - 2 locations (Broadway and Williams Centre, and Oracle and Ina); EXCELLENT food, vegetarian and not - best fish sandwiches I've ever had.

Thanks a lot will definitely check a few out

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Headed to the game on Thursday if anyone has local suggestions for food that would be appreciated

The UCONN pregame event is at Gentle Ben's Brewing Co., 865 E. University. It starts at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Anything other than CT apizza is unworthy of the one and only world class standard set from Greenwich to Putnam and Canaan to Pawcatuck. Witness that any food thread here turns into apizza thread.

Reaction Score
From a Tucson native:

General

And more:

Brother John's BBQ on Stone Ave.
Saffron (Indian cuisine) - 2 locations, one near west entrance to U of A campus.
Obon (Korean cuisine) - E. Congress, downtown.
Frank's - Pima near Alvernon.

Go into Frank's with a tie on and they may cut it with scissors. At least that is what my wife and other Tucson natives tell me. I never wore a tie when I went there, lol.

Reaction Score
This will only be the 2nd time I have been to Tucson, even though I live in Arizona. Tonys Italian deli looks good, and it's my name lol. Screamery ice cream also looks good, gotta have dessert. I am fired up for this game. I fly out to Connecticut the next day, to see my family and friends, and will be going to the Whichita St game. I just hope we are competitive in these games.

Reaction Score
My favorite place is Bubb's Grub if you don't mind a bit of a drive. Rustic. Ribs, chicken, brisket, burnt ends, slaw. the sides are no good but that's ok. Biggest vertical smoker ever, cost him $35,000 10 years ago and Bubb will give you the tour. sat night is a big thick slice of smoked prime rib.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, Tony's in San Francisco and Smiling With Hope in Reno is as good as you get anywhere in the country. Don't believe the east coast bias!!!

I had good pizza in Seattle once.

But “Don’t believe the east coast bias!!” could not possibly make me roll my eyes more.

We’ll give you the weather, beaches and babes. LEAVE US TO OUR PIZZA!

UConnNick

Reaction Score
everyone have a safe trip in and see you guys at the pre game/game tomorrow

We will be there. Hope to see a lot of Husky fans in the town that Sean Miller's kids called "a dump" when they first moved there after his stint at Xavier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom