Lobo Believes Stokes Will Have a Long WNBA Career | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lobo Believes Stokes Will Have a Long WNBA Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Kiah will have a good career in the WNBA rebounding and blocking shots! Which WNBA team can't use a player such as her for 12-15 min. a game

Hopefully she has the desire to have a bigger impact.

Reaction Score
Stokes will get a chance to show what she can do against E. Williams when we
play Duke on the 29th. She will also get to play against Ibiam of South Carolina
on Feb 9th. WNBA scouts will be scoping out both games for sure.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
If I am a pro team, Elizabeth Williams frightens me a little because of her injury history; knees and legs, it’s a concern,” Lobo said. “In the long term, I frankly think Kiah could be a better bet.” Fair enough - I agree somewhat but I have a hard time seeing Stokes go ahead of Williams. Harrison is another interesting prospect. She seems to have much more offensive pop than Stokes. Honestly, if she has a solid year it will be a tough call between her and Williams for the first post player taken in the draft IMHO...
Neither Williams or Harrison are in the same zip code as Kiah for pure athleticism, or defensive and rebounding skills and instincts. Not to mention that she's probably had a WNBA body type since she was a young teen that has enabled her to remain injury free. Bill Russell wasn't known for his offense during his HOF/Championships playing career, but most would admit he worked out pretty well! If I'm a GM I don't think I can afford to pass on Kiah if I'm serious about putting the pieces together for a championship pursuit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Neither Williams or Harrison are in the same zip code as Kiah for pure athleticism, or defensive and rebounding skills and instincts. Not to mention that she's probably had a WNBA body type since she was a young teen that has enabled her to remain injury free. Bill Russell wasn't known for his offense during his HOF/Championships playing career, but most would admit he worked out pretty well! If I'm a GM I don't think I can afford to pass on Kiah if I'm serious about putting the pieces together for a championship pursuit.

Not even in the same zipcode ? :rolleyes:

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Not even in the same zipcode ? :rolleyes:
Correct!

BTW, I think both Williams and Harrison are very talented players with great potential to improve in the pros - when they finally receive some real coaching! :eek:

Williams has folded like a lawn chair in the head-to-head match-up against Kiah starting with the 1st game of their freshman year. Don't feel badly though, Kiah has that effect on opponents. ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Correct!

BTW, I think both Williams and Harrison are very talented players with great potential to improve in the pros - when they finally receive some real coaching! :eek:

Williams has folded like a lawn chair in the head-to-head match-up against Kiah starting with the 1st game of their freshman year. Don't feel badly though, Kiah has that effect on opponents. ;)

So everything is based off of that one game in 2011 ? I dont recall Stokes doing that much in last year's matchup.... it was definitely Dolson who won the head to head battle. Stokes didnt do much of anything in the 2012 matchup.

Reaction Score
Harrison can dunk; there's no great athleticism deficit with her. She might not be as good as Stokes on the defensive end, but has more of a mind for offensive production. Williams may not be the most agile post player in history, but is very strong. Her rebounding is very good, and her offense, while lacking finesse, is (usually) effective enough. IMO it would hardly be scandalous for them to go in the draft above Stokes.

Stokes is physically gifted and excellent on one end of the floor, but offense doesn't often come naturally for her. But the season is still young. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom