Lobo and Ruocco | The Boneyard

Lobo and Ruocco

Reaction Score
In fairness it was kicked ball...
It changed the game. If you look at it in slow mo it was intentionally kicked. How do you miss that? This took officiating to a new low in the women's game and that is saying something. Why are the officials so awful? How many fouls were not called on Stanford? Bravo Lobo for pointing out the deficiencies. I hope Dawn Staley privately makes a lot of noise and they all get retrained or just removed.

Reaction Score
It changed the game. If you look at it in slow mo it was intentionally kicked. How do you miss that? This took officiating to a new low in the women's game and that is saying something. Why are the officials so awful? How many fouls were not called on Stanford? Bravo Lobo for pointing out the deficiencies. I hope Dawn Staley privately makes a lot of noise and they all get retrained or just removed.
As you said...you can see it in slow mo. Refs' had to see it in real time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They never miss that call when we do it. If the ball is near Christyn's foot it's always called.

Reaction Score
Lobo did the right thing. It was potentially a 4-point turnaround at a crucial point in the game. I mean, the Stanford player was playing soccer, & the refs still missed it. Just garbage officiating.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I won't express an opinion (at least not right now) on the non-called kick, but I think this pair of announcers are first class. They showed enthusiasm for the game and the athletes, but did not favor either team. I think the same could be said of their coverage of UConn-Baylor on Monday night.

Reaction Score
I guess you miss it the same way you call a charge when defender clearly inside the line. Or miss a firearm to the face, etc.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Did you happen to see Cameron Brink being flung around like a rag doll? Or the SC guards push off all game long. I don't think it was well called, but it wasn't one sided either.
Agree...just bad and completely inconsistent.

Reaction Score
As you said...you can see it in slow mo. Refs' had to see it in real time.
My point in talking about slow mo was that it showed she did it intentionally not accidentally whereas in real time, which all of us watching the game could still see to be a kick, it did not appear to be as blatant. Either way it has to be called. There is no judgment involved.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I read somewhere they are going to do something like the 2 minute end of game foul report like the NBA does.

Reaction Score
Lobo sucks at her job. I used to like her but this tournament, she was hard to listen to. I like to have sound during the games but tonight I almost muted her. I’m tired of her basic commentating. Some of you said that ESPN’s commentators were bad a while ago and I disagreed. I was wrong and I see the light. This whole tournament was bad. The commentating and the officiating.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Publicly or privately, it feels like it is a guarantee she will make a lot of noise about this. As well she should.

Reaction Score
Basketball is not football where you can throw the flag and then pick it up and waive off a penalty. For better or worse, we're stuck with the ref blows the whistle, someone has to be assessed a foul.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom