lmfao | The Boneyard

lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
take a read at dez twitter

he took the stance vs a couple of ppl that coach P was right to run the ball instead of taking a knee. then basically big timed them with his decision by taking the i have media credentials and u dont path to the argument.

he says he doesn't look into what ifs when the kid asked what if the rb fumbled the ball running it. it worked out ok so all is ok. that situation was just another of the questionable things P and D are doing that make u scratch your head.

the correct thing to do there was V formation.

then some one else brought up the what if our qb fumbles a snap thing. well heres the deal with that. in order for us to hand the ball off, our qb has to get it first so that little gem is also not worthy of discussion. v formation was right and the fact that dez has such P&D colored glasses is just blowing minds.

Reaction Score
take a read at dez twitter

he took the stance vs a couple of ppl that coach P was right to run the ball instead of taking a knee. then basically big timed them with his decision by taking the i have media credentials and u dont path to the argument.

he says he doesn't look into what ifs when the kid asked what if the rb fumbled the ball running it. it worked out ok so all is ok. that situation was just another of the questionable things P and D are doing that make u scratch your head.

the correct thing to do there was V formation.

then some one else brought up the what if our qb fumbles a snap thing. well heres the deal with that. in order for us to hand the ball off, our qb has to get it first so that little gem is also not worthy of discussion. v formation was right and the fact that dez has such P&D colored glasses is just blowing minds.

Ummm - doesn't the ball have to come from the center to the qb before he can hand it off and is that not an opportunity for a fumble as well???

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Ummm - doesn't the ball have to come from the center to the qb before he can hand it off and is that not an opportunity for a fumble as well???

yes.

v formation-center snaps to qb who takes knee
run-center snaps to qb who hands off to rb who gets tackled

tell me which one u want to see in that situation? my point is the what if stuff doesn't matter. its simple a fundemental thing that our staff took a smelly on and could have lost us the game becuase of. isnt there some famous nfl film of this happening and no one since ever fucks this up? i mean come on....

Reaction Score
VictoryFormation_thumb%5B5%5D

notice the 2 backs around the qb in case he fumbles? as well as the guy in the back in case the defense recovers? why does dez think his media credentials make PP and GDL good coaches?

Reaction Score
yes.

v formation-center snaps to qb who takes knee
run-center snaps to qb who hands off to rb who gets tackled

tell me which one u want to see in that situation? my point is the what if stuff doesn't matter. its simple a fundemental thing that our staff took a smelly **** on and could have lost us the game becuase of. isnt there some famous nfl film of this happening and no one since ever ****s this up? i mean come on....

That's not what you said ("then some one else brought up the what if our qb fumbles a snap thing. well heres the deal with that. in order for us to hand the ball off, our qb has to get it first so that little gem is also not worthy of discussion")... and yes, I was the one who poked the center hand-off exchange because there is risk there as well (much less, but still a risk none-the-less.) - it was all about "what-ifs".

The kneel down (v-formation) is cleary the correct move but how many days does it get whacked around and in how many forums by the same people when it was a non-event? Rhetorical - no answer necessary.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That's not what you said ("then some one else brought up the what if our qb fumbles a snap thing. well heres the deal with that. in order for us to hand the ball off, our qb has to get it first so that little gem is also not worthy of discussion")... and yes, I was the one who poked the center hand-off exchange because there is risk there as well (much less, but still a risk none-the-less.) - it was all about "what-ifs".

The kneel down (v-formation) is cleary the correct move but how many days does it get whacked around and in how many forums by the same people when it was a non-event? Rhetorical - no answer necessary.

ok i see. i wrote what i was saying wrong but we both have the same stance on this. my issue is not to look bakc on the what if as much as wtf dez would take this position is any way...

Reaction Score
That wasn't just some random twitter person. He was arguing with the UConnblog.com.

He was being respectful, but he was asking Desmond some tough questions, and he didn't like that.

Once he ran out of answers he played the " you have no credentials" line.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That wasn't just some random twitter person. He was arguing with the UConnblog.com.

He was being respectful, but he was asking Desmond some tough questions, and he didn't like that.

Once he ran out of answers he played the " you have no credentials" line.

Exactly.

Desmond (I hope for his sake at least) was being intentionally dense and combative to a 'non-credential' holding blogger. I have no idea what he stood to gain from this, but in the end he looked like a moron.

Not going to the victory formation is indefensible. Period. It doesn't matter what the outcome was.

What's more disturbing than anything is that the coaching staff is completely oblivious to basic clock management as evidence by us not using the victory formation, not using timeouts or using timeouts on dead balls when trying to conserve clock.

Reaction Score
Exactly.

Desmond (I hope for his sake at least) was being intentionally dense and combative to a 'non-credential' holding blogger. I have no idea what he stood to gain from this, but in the end he looked like a moron.

Not going to the victory formation is indefensible. Period. It doesn't matter what the outcome was.

What's more disturbing than anything is that the coaching staff is completely oblivious to basic clock management as evidence by us not using the victory formation, not using timeouts or using timeouts on dead balls when trying to conserve clock.

I really, really want to know who's responsibility it is (who it's assigned to). In the end, it all lands on PP regardless, but...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I really, really want to know who's responsibility it is (who it's assigned to). In the end, it all lands on PP regardless, but...

I get what you're saying, but P obviously knows the play call breaking out of the huddle. To be unaware of the situation is alarming.

I feel like everyone's entitled to free pass here and there, but it seems like every single game I'm screaming at P over simple clock management issues.

Reaction Score
Desmond has lost his credibility with Huskies fans. He can't even analyze a play from a scientific or logical perspective. We need a new beat writer who IS a fan. Can someone get me hired??

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is it time to protest the HC? i think its time. i mean think about how crazy dez has gotten wth his stance on things. add in the fact thats hes a cuse fan and its a mess. how many yankee beat writers are redsox ppl? i mean its silly/ i say we off the courant here until we get a real beat guy. hire duffy or some 1 that gives a at this point. im just so sick of the bull going in in this state. do we want to play matchbox cars with the yankee league or football with the big boys. THIS SUCKS

#FireP&D
#FireDez
#Whereiswarde
#UNCN

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
also there are so many fake uconn accounts now its crazy. they are funny and stuff but do u know why they are ever started? its becuase things suck so bad theres nothing else to do but expose the real ppl for how bad things are. thats how sad things have gotten. i can't believe more ppl on here aren't going bonkers upset with whats going on. i mean we have students and kids basically tweeting now looking for blood. grab your dam pitch fork and get to work.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Dez is thinking of a play where we don't need to actually snap the ball. That would be safest.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
is it time to protest the HC? i think its ****ing time. i mean think about how crazy dez has gotten wth his stance on things. add in the fact thats hes a cuse fan and its a mess. how many yankee beat writers are redsox ppl? i mean its silly/ i say we off the courant here until we get a real beat guy. hire duffy or some 1 that gives a **** at this point. im just so sick of the bull **** going in in this state. do we want to play matchbox cars with the yankee league or football with the ****ing big boys. THIS ****ING SUCKS

#FireP&D
#FireDez
#Whereiswarde
#UNCN

Perhaps it happend sooner and I missed it, but I'm considering this one to be where HFD jumped the shark.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Im pretty sure the pitchforks were taken up here a while ago.

Des is a fool. The fact he would argue something so dumb for so long is ridiculous. It was wrong.

Reaction Score
I get what you're saying, but P obviously knows the play call breaking out of the huddle. To be unaware of the situation is alarming.

I feel like everyone's entitled to free pass here and there, but it seems like every single game I'm screaming at P over simple clock management issues.

Yup... And It happens every Saturday and Sunday and Monday (well, now on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday too - hell is Tuesday the only day there isn't live football???).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dez is thinking of a play where we don't need to actually snap the ball. That would be safest.

yup they have that play at cuse, u know the school hes a fan of. but yet he covers uconn so hes not concerned about the things we are and doesn't see the issue on our end which sucks. all fans want and love beat writers becuase they give the fans info and they speak for the fans as a source. dez doesn't have that quality so hes striking out and being exposed right now.

Perhaps it happend sooner and I missed it, but I'm considering this one to be where HFD jumped the shark.

i jumped months ago, its gotta be pretty hard for u to miss my rant thread that comes twice a week lol

Im pretty sure the pitchforks were taken up here a while ago.

Des is a fool. The fact he would argue something so dumb for so long is ridiculous. It was wrong.

then make it 2 pitch forks becuase clearly warde and susan are still sleeping at the wheel.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Desmond has lost his credibility with Huskies fans. He can't even analyze a play from a scientific or logical perspective. We need a new beat writer who IS a fan. Can someone get me hired??
First vote here Butch! At least you would be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom