Liz Cambage returning to Tulsa Shock for this season. | The Boneyard

Liz Cambage returning to Tulsa Shock for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I nearly choked on my soda when I saw that. Wow. This makes things very exciting out west....can't wait to see Tulsa and Phoenix play now.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I predicted it might happen last week when she was dumped from her Chinese team in favor of Griner.
Obviously China must have dried up for her, for now at least.
Makes sense.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Apparently she broke her wrist during playing in China, and she just got cleared to play by doctors. Well she or her agent should just said that. :rolleyes:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good news for the Shock. They should have a pretty good team.

Reaction Score
I predicted it might happen last week when she was dumped from her Chinese team in favor of Griner.
Obviously China must have dried up for her, for now at least.
Makes sense.

Good foresight. I suspect other business (ca$h) considerations also played a part in her decision, but that is neither here nor there. WNBA just got better.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
surely BG is going to eat her lunch

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Cambage is quite physical, and I don't think Griner has ever played against a player as tall as her? Let alone, a physical 6'8 player who has been a pro for a couple years internationally.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Cambage is quite physical, and I don't think Griner has ever played against a player as tall as her? Let alone, a physical 6'8 player who has been a pro for a couple years internationally.

Cambage will look flat flooted. BG is a much better mover.

Reaction Score
I have a good seat for the 6/16 game between PHX and Tulsa. Should be fun!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
After playing against her in China Maya Moore said some nice things about her.

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/9283732/wnba-liz-cambage-says-return-tulsa-shock-season

"She really is a pretty good passer, and she's good at finding those shooters out of the double team," Moore said. "Once she gets the ball in the position she wants, you really can't do much to stop her. She's got really good hands around the rim, finishing high.

"She's very physical. And she can block shots as well. She does a good job of making you think twice when you get in the paint. I think she's just overall more confident; that's the biggest change."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She tired out at halftime in the Olympics. She better get in better shape. BG will run the floor and dunk before LC makes it to half court.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She tired out at halftime in the Olympics. She better get in better shape. BG will run the floor and dunk before LC makes it to half court.

Oh ETT, you make me laugh. LOL

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oh ETT, you make me laugh. LOL

You know I jest. Cabbage is a great player and it will be interesting to see how BG handles the height and size of Cambage. I'm not sure what the tallest player is that Cambage has faced. Probably never seen a 9 foot standing reach like Griner's.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'll believe it when I see it. But, I hope she does for the sake of the league.

I agree. The league needs the big name players. It will be interesting to see how she is welcomed back in Tulsa after basically abandoning the team for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom