Livr from New York, it's Saturday Night!! | The Boneyard

Livr from New York, it's Saturday Night!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So lst night NBC aired the first episode of SNL. We saw George Carlin with 4 meh comedy stand-ups. We saw Janis Ian (damned good) and a rocking Billy Preston. We saw the Bees. We saw a lot of Chevy Chase who two comedy Emmys the following year. We saw some sketch comedy that swing and miss. I did like the break-in security salesman.

Tonight at 7 we get 4 hours of SNL40. Y watching?

Whate were some of your fave players and bits of all time?

Reaction Score
Just about any bit with John Belushi, Chevy Chase,Phil Hartman, so many more than I can remember.

Reaction Score
So Saturday Night Live has their 40th Anniversary special on a Sunday night at the same exact time as the All-Star game. Lame

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Overall last night was pretty good.

Enjoyed:

On the Red Carpet Jim Carrey asking Lauer and Guthrie where they were hiding Brian Williams.
"This is how we answer the door in my neighborhood...WHO IS IT!!!"
Super Bass-o-matic...and when it gets stuck.
The Californians...and I may be one of eight people in America who loves that sketch.
Colon Blow!
Joe Piscopo
Chopping Brocolli
Deandre Cole sighting
Miley Cyrus doing "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover"
Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David
Bill Murray
and Chris Rock introducing Eddie Murphy.

Didn't like:

the Eddie Murphy appearance. :oops::confused::eek:

Reaction Score
I thought the Jeopardy skit was by far the funniest and it sort of went downhill from there. Seinfeld talking to the celebrities in the crowd was pretty funny especially Larry David. Akroyd reprising his Bass-o-matic was good, should have had the old-timers reprising more of their famous roles. Jon Lovitz RIP. Can't believe all the people who thought Miley Cyrus was great, her covering Paul Simon while he was in the building is a crime against humanity, only outdone by Kanye. The Eddie Murphy appearance was just weird like most of what he's done since the 80's ended. Murphy went from the funniest person ever to not being funny for the last 20-30 years, Tiger looks like he will be the sports equivalent.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So Saturday Night Live has their 40th Anniversary special on a Sunday night at the same exact time as the All-Star game. Lame

I'm sure the All-Star Game was crushed in the ratings.

I enjoyed the Bass-O-Matic, thought Cyrus and Simon were both terrific. Jeopardy was fun, Seinfeld and the audition tapes - all in all, a good show.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In retrospect it would have been hysterical if Eddie came out and said "I'm just here so I don't get fined."

Reaction Score
I'm sure the All-Star Game was crushed in the ratings.

I enjoyed the Bass-O-Matic, thought Cyrus and Simon were both terrific. Jeopardy was fun, Seinfeld and the audition tapes - all in all, a good show.

Ditto. And they did a great job using clips from past shows.

Well done all around.

Reaction Score
You wanna know what I found interesting? You had the biggest stars in the free world at Rockefeller Center and every NBA superstar in town for the All Star game. I was in NYC Sunday and Monday and walking around just a couple blocks from 30 Rock, you wouldn't have the foggiest idea any of that was going on. The city just swallows up anything like this, no matter how big.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Didn't even give the All-Star game a second thought. While the NBA All-Star game is the second best of the major 4 sports, it is only because the Pro Bowl and NHL All-Star games are so Gawdawful.

However, the NHL has the best skills competition in my opinion. (Speed, hardest slap shot, and accuracy). Baseball should incorporate something like best outfield arm (accuracy and ball flight).

Reaction Score
If Celebrity Jeopardy didn't make you laugh, you are probably dead. For the first time ever, Miley Cyrus impressed me. I thought Kanye was good too...he is a world-class jerk, but at least he tries to be innovative. Seinfeld was very good and Bass-O-Matic was hilarious! The two "Pauls" during the intro was good. Paul Simon alone.....because he is a legend, I'll just say he has lost a step or three.

I am a lifelong NBA Diehard, and I honestly forgot the All-Star Game was being played that night until someone mentioned it. But, I stopped watching all all-star games a decade or more ago.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I thought the Jeopardy skit was by far the funniest and it sort of went downhill from there. Seinfeld talking to the celebrities in the crowd was pretty funny especially Larry David. Akroyd reprising his Bass-o-matic was good, should have had the old-timers reprising more of their famous roles. Jon Lovitz RIP. Can't believe all the people who thought Miley Cyrus was great, her covering Paul Simon while he was in the building is a crime against humanity, only outdone by Kanye. The Eddie Murphy appearance was just weird like most of what he's done since the 80's ended. Murphy went from the funniest person ever to not being funny for the last 20-30 years, Tiger looks like he will be the sports equivalent.

Nutty Professor and Shrek series were pretty good.

Reaction Score
Kanye was so cringe worthy. Many people have said it was a powerful performance. I don't get it. His singing voice is horrendous and the content sounds like a 13 year old who thinks they are really smart. I really enjoyed the audition clips.

Reaction Score
The Eddie Murphy appearance looked like he had a gun to his head. I don't think he prepared anything at all. I thought Adam Sandler has a somewhat similar career trajectory as Murphy, rumored bad blood with Lorne, and he delivered a couple of funny bits for the special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom