Liverpool! | The Boneyard

Liverpool!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looked good again today. Seven points from three games in London. But Burnley?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Klopp is a great manager - Mane a great signing. They will get better and better as the year progresses and finish Top 4

Reaction Score
Liverpool is getting it going. Truth be told, they should have gotten all 3 points at Tottenham, Spurs were very lucky to come out of it with a draw.

The top 6-7 of the EPL is shaping up to be very solid.
City is playing lights out; and then after that the next 6 are all off to good starts.
Everton (has only played on tough match, a home draw v Spurs),
Spurs (2 draws are v Liverpool and @ Everton... hopefully Kane's ankle injury yesterday is not too serious);
Arsenal (have only dropped points v Liverpool and @ Leicester, and finally splashed a little cash),
Chelsea (too soon to say, but beat the teams they should, home loss v Liverpool and draw @Sawnsea)
Liverpool (have won @Arsenal , v Leicester, and @Chelsea and drawn @Spurs, but lost @Burnley... go figure)
United (inconsistent, have lost last 3 in all competitions, but could be a very difficult team come the back half of the season if the locker room doesn't fall apart... as Mourinho's locker rooms tend to do when things aren't going as planned).

And a little further down the table, don't sleep on Leicester.

Reaction Score
Spurs (2 draws are v Liverpool and @ Everton... hopefully Kane's ankle injury yesterday is not too serious);
Well this sucks... Kane could miss 2+ months with ankle injury. LINK Will miss 3 UCL games, and matches v City and Arsenal... at the very least.

Time for Janssen to step up

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Mane a great signing.
To me Mane is the key to the season. He's a matchup nightmare with the pace he brings. He's the most impressive of the new signings.
I'd been wondering lately if Klopp will look to sell Sturridge at some point. He doesn't play him a lot and appears to favor Origi. Is this craziness? Looks like he has a contract through 2019. I'd be OK with this. I like Danny Ings and would like to see him play some more.
Also, still waiting for Joe Gomez to return. He looked very good last year. Sounds like we won't see him any time soon.

Reaction Score
They look GREAT so far, it's amazing. Looks like Karius is going to start against Hull tomorrow. Team has me really excited. Klopp is the man. Firmino has been great this year, and Mane has been a huge addition. Lallana has looked better as well. Not sure they can really challenge for the title (Man City looks unstoppable), but I think a top 4 finish is definitely doable.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
they dominated Hull today and jumped them early. If we don't have the yips against teams down in the table, Top 4 is achievable. B-T-W, think Sakho will be gone in January .

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I watched the game last night. Was hoping for something positive after being in E Hartford for 9 hours or so and going home with a defeated feeling. Totally dominated the possession. Nice goals by Lallana and Mane. Also deserved the PK on the handball. Not so sure on the Sturridge one, but I'll take it.
Looks like Swansea is the next game on Saturday at 7:25. BPL and eggs. Yum.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They are really hitting on all cylinders. Like all good coaches in any sport, Klopp seems to have a way of putting players in a position for them to succeed. For instance, when Brodge was the coach I had no idea what Lallana's deal was. I was listening to Talk Sport one day back then and the topic was "What players do you want Liverpool to get rid of?" Lallana was the leader. Now he's an integral part of the team.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I always saw creativity in Lallana, something we lacked and sorely needed, he just didn't bring it all the time. He's been much more consistent since Klopp arrived.

Reaction Score
I consoled myself with a tough UConn football loss to Syracuse by re-watching the first 45 of the Arsenal v. Chelsea match. Absolute beauty. Watched Cahill look like a old dog just waiting for the final sleep as Iwobi blew past him time and time again while Ozil just embarrassed the back line. Hopefully, the Gunners can keep doing that.

Maybe Chelsea can 'recall' Miazga from Vitesse to give their back-line some youth.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...but I think a top 4 finish is definitely doable.

I hate to temp karma, but for me it's not just doable, I'm expecting it now. They've played 3 out of their 5 toughest away games already. (@ARS, @TOT, @CHE)

Reaction Score
I hate to temp karma, but for me it's not just doable, I'm expecting it now. They've played 3 out of their 5 toughest away games already. (@ARS, @TOT, @CHE)

Sure, maybe, but after the 13-14 year where it looked like they were gonna win and then slipped against Chelsea and blew a 3-0 lead against Palace... I like to keep my expectations lower.

Great win against Hull, though. They actually looked like a superior team, which is rare for them, heh.

Reaction Score
6 games in and the unquestionable class of the league is City. After that I'd put Liverpool and Arsenal as looking the next strongest. Those three should be comfortable for top 3 barring any unforeseen injuries.. After that I'd lump together Spurs, United, Everton, and Chelsea to battle for the 4th spot.. I think Everton will fall back and finish 5-8 as they do. United appear to be pretty inconsistent. Could beat anyone, could lose to anyone. Chelsea I am not sure what to make of yet. Spurs look solid in the back, but are not scoring goals. Maybe Kane going down will give the rest of their attacking payers more freedom/space to finish... dunno.

My biggest surprise of the year so far is how poorly West Ham has started the season.

Reaction Score
6 games in and the unquestionable class of the league is City. After that I'd put Liverpool and Arsenal as looking the next strongest. Those three should be comfortable for top 3 barring any unforeseen injuries.. After that I'd lump together Spurs, United, Everton, and Chelsea to battle for the 4th spot.. I think Everton will fall back and finish 5-8 as they do. United appear to be pretty inconsistent. Could beat anyone, could lose to anyone. Chelsea I am not sure what to make of yet. Spurs look solid in the back, but are not scoring goals. Maybe Kane going down will give the rest of their attacking payers more freedom/space to finish... dunno.

My biggest surprise of the year so far is how poorly West Ham has started the season.

Agree on West Ham. Hang-over (financially) from a new stadium? Arsenal sometimes feels like that.

Chelsea looks like one of those teams whose age catches-up to them all at once. José Mourinho's coaching antics covered some of that-up. Their defense is a mess, especially against a team with speed. Are they dead? No, I wish; but, that's a no with the money that they have.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sure, maybe, but after the 13-14 year where it looked like they were gonna win and then slipped against Chelsea and blew a 3-0 lead against Palace..

I actually forgot about that Palace game. Thanks, Loop

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that Mignolet isn't the better keeper. Karius was a Shaky Eddie today.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Good bye Guidolin and good riddance. I was shocked that they brought him back this season on a 2 year deal. I know we've played Man City and Liverpool the past two weeks and they've been somewhat competitive in those two games but the losses to Southhampton and Hull aren't going to cut it. Arsenal is up next and that won't be any better. Time to use those new ownership dollars and hire a new manager or else this season is not going to go well......

Reaction Score
Good bye Guidolin and good riddance. I was shocked that they brought him back this season on a 2 year deal. I know we've played Man City and Liverpool the past two weeks and they've been somewhat competitive in those two games but the losses to Southhampton and Hull aren't going to cut it. Arsenal is up next and that won't be any better. Time to use those new ownership dollars and hire a new manager or else this season is not going to go well.

Guess who Swansea has hired as their new manager - Bob Bradley. A US guy as a EPL head coach, interesting.

Swansea dismiss Francesco Guidolin, appoint former U.S. boss Bob Bradley

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow.....looks like I predicted the future....not sure how I feel like this one though.....then again, I'll take any manager that's willing to play two strikers so if he fits that bill sign me up. Tired of not pressing forward enough

You think Bunker Bob will press?

I have frustrating memories of a vanilla 4-4-2, getting it all wrong and being praised too much for making obvious halftime adjustments.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
You think Bunker Bob will press?

I have frustrating memories of a vanilla 4-4-2, getting it all wrong and being praised too much for making obvious halftime adjustments.
Honestly, if he can just find a way to keep them safe I'll be pleased. They have the players to stay up and the ability to score, just need him to find a way to get them to do so. Our wing players were not used nearLY the way they should. Not saying he's the best thing to ever happen to Swansea but if he can get Barrow and Montero more involved and get both our new signings at striker some opportunities, I'll be happy.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if he can just find a way to keep them safe I'll be pleased. They have the players to stay up and the ability to score, just need him to find a way to get them to do so. Our wing players were not used nearLY the way they should. Not saying he's the best thing to ever happen to Swansea but if he can get Barrow and Montero more involved and get both our new signings at striker some opportunities, I'll be happy.

I think he'll be like a poor man's Tony Pulis.

Hello 4-4-2 empty bucket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom