OT: - "LIVE" music videos | The Boneyard

OT: "LIVE" music videos

Reaction Score
I know it’s a little slow at this time of year with a lot of off topic posts so I decided to add to it. I love music and I’ve been an avid listener for over 50 years, so, with the help of Youtube, we can listen to just about anything from the stuff we listened to when we were kids to the present. There are certain music videos that I go back and watch more frequently than others.

My question is this; what are your go to music videos, the ones that make your day? I’ve added a twist though; they have to be “LIVE”.

My “LIVE” music playlist follows, and not in any specific order.

• Genesis- Turn it on again

• Talk Talk- Its my life

• Chris Rea- Texas

• Frankie Goes to Hollywood- Welcome to the pleasuredome

• Rachid Taha- Barra Barra
You can list as many as you want; these are just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure that I can think of others later.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like plenty of new music too but I just assume any "live" music that is officially released is worked over, produced and clarified.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This probably doesn't qualify as "live," but I heard it yesterday on my drive home (Backspin is a preset for me) and I was reminded at how freaking great it was/is in so many ways. Definitely a watershed event:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The only live masic video I've ever bookmarked: Comfortably Numb, Pulse tour, Earl's Court, 1994. Best of Gilmour's many solos for that song, IMO. Went about six minutes, could've gone 16 or 60 and I would've listened to every note.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The only live masic video I've ever bookmarked: Comfortably Numb, Pulse tour, Earl's Court, 1994. Best of Gilmour's many solos for that song, IMO. Went about six minutes, could've gone 16 or 60 and I would've listened to every note.

I've always been partial of this live version of "Mother".

Reaction Score
Sorry I don't listen to too much old fart music, but I'll add some picks for you guys to turn your nose to

Starting with some up tempo Reggae-Ska

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't have any live videos to recommend, but if you are looking for a great, newer band to see live, my middle daughter turned me on to Cage the Elephant in the last year and we saw them at Boston Calling a couple months ago and I was very impressed. The front man is a legit talent and very engaging presence. I thought the material was great--loved every song. Very high energy.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sorry I don't listen to too much old fart music, but I'll add some picks for you guys to turn your nose to

Starting with some up tempo Reggae-Ska

You think old farts don't have reggae/ska in their CD collection?

When you start posting Mumford & Sons or anything with autotune, then this old fart will register a complaint...

Reaction Score
The left handed guitar player in this one is pretty good.

Reaction Score
You think old farts don't have reggae/ska in their CD collection?

When you start posting Mumford & Sons or anything with autotune, then this old fart will register a complaint...

There's a certain 'age' to all of the other videos that had been shared to that point, merely making an unsafe assumption

Here's a nice chill instrumental somewhere between funk/blues/jazz maybe?

Reaction Score
There's a certain 'age' to all of the other videos that had been shared to that point, merely making an unsafe assumption

Here's a nice chill instrumental somewhere between funk/blues/jazz maybe?

Some say "age" others say "quality."

Anyway, I'm a millineial not an old fart (yet)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom