Liv | The Boneyard

Liv

Reaction Score
Olivia looked really good today. Despite being banged constantly and often double teamed, she looked calm and deliberate in her moves, and very practiced. I’m wondering if Jamelle and she have connected. I think Jamelle’s return is already reaping benefits, and if the team delivers a great tournament performance, she might deserve a lot of credit. Jamelle and Geno’s interactions on the bench are interesting. Shea and CD are pretty unemotional, but Jamelle is passionate.
I also thought Aubrey, in the second half, looked more deliberate on her layups- like the game has slowed down a bit for her. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Reaction Score
I think she is the key to how far we can go in the post season. I'm hoping she keeps up her level of play. If she can have a double-double with 3 or more blocks and assists we will be tough to beat.

Reaction Score
I just wish the refs would call some of the fouls that Liv takes every game. They seem to call every touch foul she does and some fouls that weren't even there, just perceived that it was a foul.
You are completely right Ms. This is typical of Jose's teams. Some people call it "aggressive". I saw people arrested for using less "aggressiveness".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Olivia looked really good today. Despite being banged constantly and often double teamed, she looked calm and deliberate in her moves, and very practiced. I’m wondering if Jamelle and she have connected. I think Jamelle’s return is already reaping benefits, and if the team delivers a great tournament performance, she might deserve a lot of credit. Jamelle and Geno’s interactions on the bench are interesting. Shea and CD are pretty unemotional, but Jamelle is passionate.
I also thought Aubrey, in the second half, looked more deliberate on her layups- like the game has slowed down a bit for her. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Agree with your observations, especially the bold parts. Jamelle only knew and played one way, thus that's the only method she can teach. It's because of all the banging (and success) Liv is getting now that will make her a better player next year. Liv is going through her "rite of passage" this season. Liv's next two years will be memorable. I can almost guarantee a double-double every game. Notice I said "ALMOST".

I expect ONO to put up 18/15 on average the next two years. She'll be another year older, wiser and stronger. That maturity will show in her game!!! I also predict the "fly-swat" technique she uses will no longer be part of of her arsenal. She'll be one of the upper-classmen leaders (Christyn/Evina/Megan) on the floor that the younger players will look to for leadership and guidance. She will not disappoint!!! I'll bet my turban on it! I remain optimistic about THIS season, but look forward to next season. ;)

Last edited:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
The problem is: Liv has to get more aggressive. I was surprised that she did NOT work on strengthening herself during the summer.
--she needs to to leap higher, and move her body in a more agressive manner.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The problem is: Liv has to get more aggressive. I was surprised that she did NOT work on strengthening herself during the summer.
She did, both individually and with the USA Olympic Team. She is more aggressive this year then last. She will be most likely staying most of the Summer in Storrs and do some more weight training.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

If Liv gets any more aggressive, she’ll be spending more time on the bench with foul trouble. Liv is on the “cusp” of being overly aggressive. She pushes off a lot and throws lots of elbows. Liv has a slight frame. I doubt she will ever be “bulky.” She’ll get stronger, maybe add 10-15 lbs of muscle and add a little definition to her arms. She gets away with a lot of elbows and shoves. If you watch her and not the ball, you’ll see what I mean. She gives post players smaller than her the blues.

She could be more aggressive on defense going after rebounds. I’d like to see her abandon the fly swat technique she’s using. There is another way that is just as effective, and won’t cause her to pick up any cheap fouls. I think she does a decent job of switching and cutting off players driving the baseline.

There’s always room for improvement. I predict that you will see a drastic improvement in her by the end of the year. I don’t want to be overly critical of Liv. She’s one of my favorites, and I’m very happy she’s on our team.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom