Little Help Please! | The Boneyard

Little Help Please!

Reaction Score
Doing research on fans around the country...need to know who your MAIN rival is and ALL nicknames or slogans used to describe them. Please DO NOT HOLD BACK as I am asking your rival for the same assistance! IF you feel some of it may be unsuitable for sensitive viewers then please send via a DM.
I really appreciate any help on this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
FDC7FA96-AA47-4C3F-847C-CF30F8EC3B96.gif
Everyone

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Doing research on fans around the country...need to know who your MAIN rival is and ALL nicknames or slogans used to describe them. Please DO NOT HOLD BACK as I am asking your rival for the same assistance! IF you feel some of it may be unsuitable for sensitive viewers then please send via a DM.

Give it time. You'll eventually get a few reasonable replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
There really isn't one in the AAC but if you had to pick in conference it would probably be Cincinnati or Temple. And as insane as this is and as much as nobody wants to admit it I think everyone wants to beat the crap out of UCF for the way the whole conFLiCT thing went down even though most of that was self induced.

Outside of the league are where the real rivalries are. BC is the biggest football rival. Syracuse behind them and Rutgers third.

Reaction Score

Who are you and where did you come from?

Reaction Score
There really isn't one in the AAC but if you had to pick in conference it would probably be Cincinnati or Temple. And as insane as this is and as much as nobody wants to admit it I think everyone wants to beat the crap out of UCF for the way the whole conFLiCT thing went down even though most of that was self induced.

Outside of the league are where the real rivalries are. BC is the biggest football rival. Syracuse behind them and Rutgers third.
Agree with all of this. But I would use a more active verb. Self inflicted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So the obvious ones have been hit.

Our terrible fan base.
ESPN
The AAC.
Bob Diaco
Paul Pasqualoni

This is a football program that has been so bad so long there aren’t rivals. Any functional team blows them out and anyone that manages to lose to UConn only makes you scratch your head.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I don't know about any of that but my nickname is "Ol'Dick Fisticuffs".

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I say it all the time but if you only root for the basketball team, you're not really a UConn fan..

Amen.

Our biggest football rival is Syrexcuse. I'd say Rutgers and BS College as second and third, although in order for a real rivalry to exist, you have to beat the opponent enough times to make it a rivalry. The Beagles really don't qualify because we've never beaten them. Tied them twice but no wins.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Yew ain't from around here, are yew?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco
Paul Pasqualoni
Lol.

• Rutty never bother me particularly, no hate - no rivalry.
  • BCU - Their AD's blackballing us when 'Cuse joined the ACC is probably the single biggest contribution to our G5 purgatory. I do hate them but we've never beaten them in football. No competitiveness- no rivalry.
  • 'Cuse - I do dislike them, although a lot of that is hoops derived, but we don't play them frequently enough to have games that matter. Infrequent play- no rivalry.
  • UMess - Do they still have sports teams. Irrelevant Sports program - no rivalry.
So the answer is no one.

Sigh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UMess - Do they still have sports teams. Irrelevant Sports program - no rivalry.
So we should be hoping that they beat us ... which they may well do?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So we should be hoping that they beat us ... which they may well do?
No. Being beaten by an irrelevant program is a bad thing,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom