Listen to Coach's Show and Games on Tune In | The Boneyard

Listen to Coach's Show and Games on Tune In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In Milford I can't get a clear broadcast signal for WTIC, WELI, or WGCH to listen to the Coach's Show, the radio broadcast away games or the post-game shows. (After one away game I sat in the car to listen to the post-game show.). The IMG contract prevented the games from being streamed by those stations, and you had to pay if you wanted the IMG streaming feed. No more!

The UCONN IMG network is now available at no cost at tunein.com. Search for UCONN and you'll find their broadcasts. I listened to the last bit of the Coach's show for the first time in forever. Great option for streaming during tailgating or for those fans who would like to listen to the games on the radio but live outside the limited reach of the Connecticut stations. Enjoy the new option for portability of UCONN football broadcasts!

Reaction Score
You can also listen to WELI on the iHeartRadio app for free.

Reaction Score
I tried to listen to the Coach's Show last week on WELI using IHeartRadio and it was a syndicated show of some man ranting about politics, not HCBD.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This is awesome awesome news. Tune in radio app is great on iOS.

I can finally not have the crutch of our horrid terrestrial network!

Reaction Score
uconnkelly said:
I tried to listen to the Coach's Show last week on WELI using IHeartRadio and it was a syndicated show of some man ranting about politics, not HCBD.

Hmm. That's supposed to be a straight simulcast.

Reaction Score
Let me see if I can find out what the deal is on that.

Reaction Score
In Milford I can't get a clear broadcast signal for WTIC, WELI, or WGCH to listen to the Coach's Show, the radio broadcast away games or the post-game shows. (After one away game I sat in the car to listen to the post-game show.). The IMG contract prevented the games from being streamed by those stations, and you had to pay if you wanted the IMG streaming feed. No more!

The UCONN IMG network is now available at no cost at tunein.com. Search for UCONN and you'll find their broadcasts. I listened to the last bit of the Coach's show for the first time in forever. Great option for streaming during tailgating or for those fans who would like to listen to the games on the radio but live outside the limited reach of the Connecticut stations. Enjoy the new option for portability of UCONN football broadcasts!
The southern western portion of the state is uncovered by the UConn broadcast network. If you are in a car, you can forget about it. UConn used to be broadcast on 600 out of Bridgeport and 1400 out of Stamford but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Reaction Score
hahaha so true! I got the same thing!! haha same thing happened again today lol

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Welp! Looks like I'm canceling that $9.99 a month that I paid to IMG for the 1 coach's show a week, away games and pressers.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
F*(^ IMG -

It is all about the dollar with IMG - they could give a rats ass about UConn or any other school they have tied themselves to.

And dont even consider questioning anything they do - they (Tom Murphy, GM IMG UConn) will go on a tirade explaining without IMG and their sales and advertising UConn would be nothing - and then they will then spout off about UConns' endowement compared to real FB schools like Michigan and thats the value they bring to UConn.

I learned this first hand...

Reaction Score
this is great listening to it right now. The first HCBD radio show got cut-off while listening to it in New Haven for Yankee baseball. Since the HEad Cooach and kids were late I missed them.

Reaction Score
With WELI the thinking is that with a 1,000 watt stick, it isn't worth doing the extra content because there aren't enough listeners to bother (not enough reach). The political content is syndicated so it is essentially free.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
J187Money said:
With WELI the thinking is that with a 1,000 watt stick, it isn't worth doing the extra content because there aren't enough listeners to bother (not enough reach). The political content is syndicated so it is essentially free.

Tell that to fairfield county fans like me.

Anyhoo, one fewer listener with the tunein upgrade. Their loss.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yep. Familiar with that site - sent very pointed feedback to the AD about our terrestrial network, especially when compared to peers (and even worse, "lesser" FBS schools).

I was the one who ticked off Jason Page with that site when he thought we were nuts.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately not much you can do other than ensure you weave together simulcasts across a network. But then you generally are trying to coordinate programming across different radio operators. Which is why you end up with WELI not carrying the added content.

WTIC is CBS and WELI is CC.

Reaction Score
But the problem is that everyone who cares about this stuff in the state thinks 1080 is the only place to go.

They do a terrible job of letting people know where else you can hear the games and by not ensuring the extra content gets picked up you tick people off who DO tune in.

Reaction Score
Coverage map WELI (daytime):

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WELI&service=AM&status=L&hours=D

Coverage map WTIC (daytime): (shows why we can't get it in Milford and FFD county even with a 50,000W stick.

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WTIC&service=AM&status=L&hours=D

FAQ re: coverage maps:

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/page?p=maps
That WTIC signal is and always has been WEAK in the Fairfield County area... 10 plus years ago when Dan O was flinging it I used to try and get the station in Norwalk to no avail... and they still haven't gotten it right.. They want fans to show up at games... its like their trying to force you to go to the game or you just won't be able to listen to it on radio down here... Problem with that is you gotta put a product on the field that gets EVERYBODY in the state excited... Not just the folks that are "financially stable" either... fans come in all different demographics...Until they stop focusing on the $$$ aspect and put more emphasis on fan satisfaction you want see the full support of the program.. It just won't happen. Sorry for the financial analyzers on this board..

and, back to the radio thing... I grew up listening to CBS news and Yankee baseball on the radio (thanks to my dad and grandfather)... something I value... the importance of radio will never die, so the folks up in Storrs involved with IMG better put better stipulations in place to benefit the ENTIRE state and not part of it ( along with catering to upstate NY and the Massachusetts areas )

Reaction Score
Yep. Familiar with that site - sent very pointed feedback to the AD about our terrestrial network, especially when compared to peers (and even worse, "lesser" FBS schools).

I was the one who ticked off Jason Page with that site when he thought we were nuts.

Kinda proves how disconnected this state is as a whole when it comes to marketing.. you can even go back to another post on this board a few months back where there's a rant on Army football having billboards on I95 in Fairfield... Where the hell is UCONN football down there? Nowhere to be found...

Reaction Score
Funny...I was driving from north carolina to michigan a few months back, and i was flipping through AM stations trying to find something to listen to, and in west virginia, i got AM 1080 and listened to nearly the entire UC/UCF bball game (albeit not with great clarity). I know that after 5pm the signal strength changes for stations, and this was about 9pm...but it's weird how i can get 1080 in WV, and ffld county cant hear it at most times.

Just a stupid observation. Now back to the thread.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
But the problem is that everyone who cares about this stuff in the state thinks 1080 is the only place to go.

They do a terrible job of letting people know where else you can hear the games and by not ensuring the extra content gets picked up you tick people off who DO tune in.

Well - it's chicken and egg. When you have WTIC and 3 attic coathangers as a terrestrial network, which publicize the affiliates? You tick off people even more who try to tune into the affiliates.

Reaction Score
Turns out WELI doesn't have streaming rights so you can listen over the air but not on iHeart.

They do air the pre/post/mid week coaches show...provided there is no conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom