List of potential 5th year Grad QB’s | The Boneyard

List of potential 5th year Grad QB’s

Reaction Score
First one to chase
Darius Wade - BC; had a great game today, managed the game well last week, played well versus NC State, moves well on roll outs, BC might have scholarship crunch and he will not be the starter when their other guy heals.

Feel free to add.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Not sure we need to be in the market for a grad transfer QB. We have plenty of other issues to address and seemingly have some competant QBs on roster and another coming in so it should be a good competition this offeseason. Not saying any of them are the answers, but we don't know one way or the other yet. I would much rather find a grad trasnfer (s) for teh O/D line

Reaction Score
Hell no.
Who is better on the team right now? Pindell makes key mistakes and did not earn the starting job out of camp. The freshman is a huge unknown. Look up or watch what he has done the last 3 weeks and tell me he is not a 200% upgrade over Pindell.

Reaction Score
Who is better on the team right now? Pindell makes key mistakes and did not earn the starting job out of camp. The freshman is a huge unknown. Look up or watch what he has done the last 3 weeks and tell me he is not a 200% upgrade over Pindell.
Pindell in fact did earn the job out of camp, only to be replaced in the second half against Holy Cross.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

The current freshmen are a huge unknown to us. They are NOT an unknown to the coaching staff.

They know what they have in that position right now, and you haven't seen a lot of chatter about them needing to get any more than Krajewski on the recruiting trail, unless there's someone slipping my mind right now. You can always get better at every position, but I'm not sensing that we are desperate at that position for next year...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Repeat after me, the best QB plays. I hope that turns out to be someone else.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Better than a 5th year QB from virtually any other program who wasn't good enough to earn their starting job and no other program in the P5 is interested in? Any of them could certainly be but what I can say is that the QB's we have in the pipeline have the potential to be just as good if not better than any such transfer with the additional benefit of having an additional 3 years of eligibility in our program. And if Pindell is the best QB we have come the Fall, he'll at least be a guy who has been with the program for an entire year and played meaningful snaps in Lashlee's system. Shopping for a one year QB seems incredibly short-sighted and reactionary to me.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Our problem is o line, not Qb. We went from an F grade OL under Cummings to C this year under Grimes. We need one more notch to B to make this offense really work. Third and short is too hard for us and so is the red zone when our spread offense is condensed forcing us to win more one on one battles which we are unable to do.

Reaction Score
Won't happen. Next year's starter is on the current roster.

Reaction Score
Won't happen. Next year's starter is on the current roster.
How many games do you want to win next year? Can Uconn be Bowl eligible with the QB’s on the roster? Because you need that next year.

On this roster for next year I see a young OL, a feature back, serviceable receivers but not a QB that can capitalize. Pindell is not a kid (1 year of eligibility left) who runs well, and throws a strange ball with terrible decision making. The freshman, who knows, but would 1 more year help. I think it would.

QB is the most important position particularly in this offense. If I can get a QB that was a P5 starter, that has actual success at the position, I take that 1 year to get to a bowl. Build depth with enough wins to get the extra practices. The casual fan base is at risk of permanent disengagement with a 3-4 win season next year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If we know of a 320 pound nose tackle that's a fifth year player that would be nice.
Unless Russell Wilson is coming in I am fine with the quarterbacks on the team. I wouldn't mind a road grader on the offensive line either

Reaction Score
Pindell QB rating
Today 63.9; 1 TD, 1int
Last week 9.5; 1 TD 3 int
Holy Cross 35.1; 0 TD 0int

Darius WadeQB rating
Syracuse 96.6 1 TD 0 int
Uconn 57.4 1 TD 0 int
NC State 99.3 0 TD 0 int

Which QBs values the ball?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Pindell QB rating
Today 63.9; 1 TD, 1int
Last week 9.5; 1 TD 3 int
Holy Cross 35.1; 0 TD 0int

Darius WadeQB rating
Syracuse 96.6 1 TD 0 int
Uconn 57.4 1 TD 0 int
NC State 99.3 0 TD 0 int

Which QBs values the ball?

Doesn’t Wade have a superior offensive line and even superior defense (which keeps others off the field), both of which Pindell does not have?

Regardless of Pindell, Washington is the guy the staff will lean on to push Pindell next year.

Reaction Score
Pindell in fact did earn the job out of camp, only to be replaced in the second half against Holy Cross.

That in ktself is scary.
Doesn’t Wade have a superior offensive line and even superior defense (which keeps others off the field), both of which Pindell does not have?

Regardless of Pindell, Washington is the guy the staff will lean on to push Pindell next year.

Washington better be good enough to "be the guy" next year, Cannot go with Pindell. He is not the answer.

Reaction Score
You watched the game today and thought our need area was QB? The guy who was constantly running for his life? My order of importance for grad transfers would be:
  1. D-line
  2. O-line
  3. DB
  4. RB
  5. LB
Dbs are mostly young. I’m more worried about lack of bodies at other key places.

Reaction Score
We need impact players at D-Line and LB and could also use a solid RB transfer. I expect us to be able to improve wth the guys we have at OL and through recruiting and coaching at DB. I like what we have coming back at QB.
Who are the options for RB transfer?

Reaction Score
There is no one at LB and D line that the offense has to account for. We have a huge need here. A better running back is always welcome and we need two. We need faster guys who hit harder period. I like our O line prospects and this unit will be better next year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The QB position also was not the problem this year. The UConn defense was WORSE than Diaco's defense this season. WORSE. Let that sink in.

2017 FBS (I-A) College Football Team Statistics Leaders for Total - ESPN

Wait. A defense that was primarily made up of three years of Diaco handpicked recruits is worse than one that Diaco coached for only one year which featured some of the top defensive recruits in the B1G??

Well, sir...I am absolutely shocked... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Our problem is o line, not Qb. We went from an F grade OL under Cummings to C this year under Grimes. We need one more notch to B to make this offense really work. Third and short is too hard for us and so is the red zone when our spread offense is condensed forcing us to win more one on one battles which we are unable to do.
Grimes worked miracles to get an utterly incompetent group to a serviceable level at least in pass protection and occasionally effective on the ground against base Ds. Get him a few decent prospects and we will at a B grade in no time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom