List of 2013 Commits | The Boneyard

List of 2013 Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Louisville's 2013 class will be interesting to watch. Louisville's 2012 class was not even ranked by Hoopgurlz. It lost two 2013 commits (Epps and Goodin-Rogers) to in-state rival Kentucky, and post player Alexandra Harris chose Penn State. Louisville is in Russell's final 2, Chong's final 4 and the final 3 for forward Emmonnie Henderson (HG #40). Louisville has a lot riding on Mercedes Russell's decision.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Louisville's 2013 class will be interesting to watch. Louisville's 2012 class was not even ranked by Hoopgurlz. It lost two 2013 commits (Epps and Goodin-Rogers) to in-state rival Kentucky, and post player Alexandra Harris chose Penn State. Louisville is in Russell's final 2, Chong's final 4 and the final 3 for forward Emmonnie Henderson (HG #40). Louisville has a lot riding on Mercedes Russell's decision.
I've heard rumblings that the L'ville camp is confident. But i've also heard Tennessee fans are confident too.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I've heard rumblings that the L'ville camp is confident. But i've also heard Tennessee fans are confident too.

LOL. I'm not sure Carnac the Magnificent could divine which school Russell will choose.

Reaction Score

We are also in the top 4 for Imani Wright (SG out of Texas) I think Chong is down to Louisville & UCONN.

Tennessee fans are always arrogant and confident when it comes to landing recruits. Remember when they thought they were gonna get all of those kids who committed to UNC in May? Yeah... don't think there is any other school who has under achieved with the talent they get year in and year like Tennessee has. Rutgers also comes to mind when it comes to talent and under achieving.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We are also in the top 4 for Imani Wright (SG out of Texas) I think Chong is down to Louisville & UCONN.

Tennessee fans are always arrogant and confident when it comes to landing recruits. Remember when they thought they were gonna get all of those kids who committed to UNC in May? Yeah... don't think there is any other school who has under achieved with the talent they get year in and year like Tennessee has. Rutgers also comes to mind when it comes to talent and under achieving.
Eight national championships and 18 Final Fours? I'm sure most programs would love to underachieve like that.

Reaction Score
Eight national championships and 18 Final Fours? I'm sure most programs would love to underachieve like that.

I'm talking about the last 5 or 6 years. Give Walz or Doug Bruno's Tennessee roster last year and I bet they don't lose more than 3 games. Keep in mind, Tennessee dominated women's basketball at arguably it's weakest stage.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm talking about the last 5 or 6 years. Give Walz or Doug Bruno's Tennessee roster last year and I bet they don't lose more than 3 games. Keep in mind, Tennessee dominated women's basketball at arguably it's weakest stage.
If we're talking the last five or six years, that includes the 2007 and 2008 seasons, which resulted in NCs for Tennessee. The last four are hard to judge because it's not entirely clear wen Pat's dementia started to impact her performance. Certainly, as early as 2010 Mickie DeMoss noted upon her return to Tennessee that it wasn't the same Pat she used to work for.

Ultimately, Tennessee had the #2 program of the 1980s, the #1 program of the 1990s, and the #2 program of the 2000s. That is an incredible run of sustained success over three decades. If Bruno was wired to build a powerhouse program, he would have done so; it would be a lot easier in Chicago than in Storrs, for instance. Love Doug, but he's not that kind of a coach. Walz certainly had a great run in 2009 with a great player, and then has had a run of bad luck since. Suffice it to say he has a long way to go before he can claim the kind of uninterrupted dominance Tennessee enjoyed. Arguably, Holly Warlick has a great deal to prove in her own right, but the achievements of the LV program are beyond reproach in my view until Pat's health problems started to manifest themselves.

tennfanatic00

Southern Gentleman
Reaction Score
Not that I have to defend the lady vols(Alex is doing a great job at it already) but Louisville needs to get real here...you're judging based on four years of relative disappointment.

Keep in mind, during these four years, we had two elite eight appearances and three sec championships. Low for our high bar of success in Knoxville, but still significantly higher than anything Louisville achieved.

Win something before you run your mouth.

Reaction Score
Angel McCoughtry has shown she can not only carry a collegiate team, but a professional team and at times national team too. Walz didn't recruit her, he inherited her. I'll give her way more credit for Louisville's one great year than him. This year should be his opportunity to show what he can do with a good team if all remain healthy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

What a ridiculous comment to say that UT has underachieved. I'm sure that Russell does not feel that they have underachieved or she would not be considering that program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom