OT: lion whisperer | The Boneyard

OT: lion whisperer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched a bit of the film, I suspect he is lion food yet to be served, but it is none the less amazing.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is so astonishing that every few months, I'm compelled to give you this again.

http://www.flixxy.com/lion-whisperer-kevin-richardson.htm

Astonishing is right.

Watching it reminded me of the time I was on a safari in Africa sitting in an open jeep (no doors) within 10 yards of a pride of lions. The lions had just finished off a zebra and were not particularly interested in us, but I'll admit I was terrified. I thought my heart was going to burst through my chest. Some in the jeep were pleading with the driver to leave; I was too terrified to speak (but fortunately not too terrified to take photos.)

Reaction Score
Astonishing is right.

Watching it reminded me of the time I was on a safari in Africa sitting in an open jeep (no doors) within 10 yards of a pride of lions. The lions had just finished off a zebra and were not particularly interested in us, but I'll admit I was terrified. I thought my heart was going to burst through my chest. Some in the jeep were pleading with the driver to leave; I was too terrified to speak (but fortunately not too terrified to take photos.)
Please tell me your avatar wasn't one of them...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
He reminds me of the guy that lived and studied grizzlies for years and then one day they ate him.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Yeah, VTC, I remember the documentary, and that guy was a bit of a jerk.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Yeah, VTC, I remember the documentary, and that guy was a bit of a jerk.
Jerk is being polite: he was an utter fool that got his girlfriend killed as well. Arrogance, arrogance, arrogance

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm always amazed how people are shocked, SHOCKED that animals maim or eat folks. Hello, they're ANIMALS and you're a slow moving hunk of meat in their territory...
I just saw a headline "Great White kills American swimmer" which sorta makes it sound like the beast deliberately targeted a specific flopping-foot-that-looked-and-sounded-like-a-fish-in-distress. You can almost hear the shark say, "Hmmmm... German foot? too heavy. French? Can't handle the cream sauce. American? Oooo, he ate a Snicker's peanut butter squared! Yummy!"

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
I'm always amazed how people are shocked, SHOCKED that animals maim or eat folks. Hello, they're ANIMALS and you're a slow moving hunk of meat in their territory...
I just saw a headline "Great White kills American swimmer" which sorta makes it sound like the beast deliberately targeted a specific flopping-foot-that-looked-and-sounded-like-a-fish-in-distress. You can almost hear the shark say, "Hmmmm... German foot? too heavy. French? Can't handle the cream sauce. American? Oooo, he ate a Snicker's peanut butter squared! Yummy!"

Frankly, I can't stand Snicker fed Americans. My preference is the heavier German stuff mixed with occasional Thai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom