Linmania | The Boneyard

Linmania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a lifelong Knick fan I love what Jeremy Lin has brought to the organization. My favorite team of all time , the 69-70 Knicks epitomized "team" play. I remember hiding in my room as if I was studying , but really listening to every game on the radio. Watching the sunday game of the week, and my dad occasionally taking me to "the garden". Hard to believe it took this long for a team to recognize his talent. I hope the team continues to embrace what he brings. It's nice to be watching Knick games with interest again!

Reaction Score
I am rooting for Jeremy. He is a perfect example of someone who works hard to get what he wants. I bet Golden State is kicking themselves in the foot for letting him go in training camp. Then again, who knows if he would of had the opportunity to shine the way he is now. Things happen for a reason. Good Luck Jeremy

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I literally haven't watched pro BB fur 20 years but this kid plays the game right, Geno would approve.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just watching their highlights, the team's spacing looks really good when he's on the floor. Also, it looks like he has what good PG's have to have: the ability to shift gears from "distributor" to "scorer" depending on what the defense is giving from night to night. He looks to be great in both areas--a rarity! Definitely a keeper!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As a lifelong Knick fan I love what Jeremy Lin has brought to the organization. Hard to believe it took this long for a team to recognize his talent.

Anyone that watches the UConn men already knew about Jeremy Lin. A very talented UConn team played Harvard and Lin torched the Huskies for 32 points - he was amazing.

The Kings coach was Lin's coach on another NBA team (Clippers?) and he said that Lin just needed to be on the right team with the right personnel to shine. It seems the Knicks are showing some pretty good chemistry lately. The coach also said that Lin truly is as humble as he seems, that's he's really a nice young man. Now this is a sports figure that's easy to root for.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Great story, great guy, easy to root for, and a godsend for the NBA for two reasons. First, he's very marketable in Asia, which is a huge market. Secondly, he's made the Knicks interesting, and the NBA is better when the Knicks are interesting. New York is a market that is extremely passionate about basketball, and it's the biggest media market in the USA. Just depressing when the Knicks suck.

Now having said all of that, be very prepared to be very much tired of Linsanity within a short period of time. But not tired of Lin himself.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yes, but would Geno recruit him?
If Geno could find a six-three girl with guard skills who could dunk and was of an Asian nationality, I think he'd recruit her in a heartbeat. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Great story. I don't watch the NBA and I hate the Knicks (from NY, so of course). But it's a really cool story. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Knick fan I love what Jeremy Lin has brought to the organization. My favorite team of all time , the 69-70 Knicks epitomized "team" play. I remember hiding in my room as if I was studying , but really listening to every game on the radio. Watching the sunday game of the week, and my dad occasionally taking me to "the garden". Hard to believe it took this long for a team to recognize his talent. I hope the team continues to embrace what he brings. It's nice to be watching Knick games with interest again!
No better example of unselfish team play, which is the reason I'm a fan of the UConn women. I was in college in NYC- $5 and you sat high up in the blue seats.

Reaction Score
I literally haven't watched pro BB fur 20 years but this kid plays the game right, Geno would approve.
SAME HERE. I watched a whole game(Knicks), for the first time in about 15 years!

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
... I bet Golden State is kicking themselves in the foot for letting him go in training camp.
Agree -they really shot themselves in the butt.

Reaction Score
No better example of unselfish team play, which is the reason I'm a fan of the UConn women. I was in college in NYC- $5 and you sat high up in the blue seats.
Couldn't agree more!

Reaction Score
Loving his approach. Yesterday on Michael kay show on ESPN 1050 New York, he was asked what his parents thought of all this. His answer:

"They think it's Lincredible!" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugway