Link to bylaws | The Boneyard

Link to bylaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wanted to take a look. They begin at page 12.

Good summary of two issues from collegesports board:

1. The Big East CAN be dissolved by the basketball-only members between now and July 1st. Temple does NOT have a vote on this. Why? Because under section 12.01, conference dissolution can be approved by 2/3 of the conference "Directors", and because "Directors" are defined in section 3.01 as CEOs of conference "Members", and because under section 14.01(b) Temple is a "Football Affiliate" this year rather than a "Member" (because it only plays football in the conference). Moreover, section 14.01© explicitly states that "The CEO of a Sports Affiliate [e.g. a Football Affiliate] shall not be a Director of the Conference."

2. On the other hand, despite having a 2/3 voting majority of "Directors" between now and July 1st, the basketball-only members CANNOT convert the Big East to a non-football conference. That's because section 3.01 defines any matter relating to participation in football as a "Football Action", and goes on to say that any vote on a matter constituting a "Football Action" requires majority approval from the Directors of the schools that play football and all other sports within the conference (referred to as the "Division I-A School Directors"). So discontinuing football participation would presumably require a majority vote from among the CEOs of UConn, Cincinnati and USF.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great. Uconn, Cincy and USF keep the BE name and MSG. Finally Uconn has some leverage.

Reaction Score
Just make sure they each pay 5MM - we are going to make up foregone BCS bowl $ with exit fines.

Reaction Score
Great. Uconn, Cincy and USF keep the BE name and MSG. Finally Uconn has some leverage.

that's not the way I read it. The C7 can't kick the F3 out and keep the name, but they can dissolve the whole league and start from fresh with a new name.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
that's not the way I read it. The C7 can't kick the F3 out and keep the name, but they can dissolve the whole league and start from fresh with a new name.
Got it.

caw

Reaction Score

UConn, USF and Cincy appear to keep all the football money though. Which isn't a bad thing I guess.

Reaction Score
Just make sure they each pay 5MM - we are going to make up foregone BCS bowl $ with exit fines.
The $5mm was just for the FB schools I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom