(Link) Rooting for Rutgers men's basketball is like signing up for a dull pain that never goes away | The Boneyard

(Link) Rooting for Rutgers men's basketball is like signing up for a dull pain that never goes away

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
That story is from March 19, 2015, and predates the Steve Pikiell hire by a year.

If they are still 8 years from having a practice facility, that should be a recruiting bonus for us.

Reaction Score
That story is from March 19, 2015, and predates the Steve Pikiell hire by a year.

If they are still 8 years from having a practice facility, that should be a recruiting bonus for us.

Read above. He went 11-1. No one showed up to watch.

Reaction Score
Friggjng entitled YOUNG fans

For us 50+ who stormed the Springfield Civic Centers and Providence (before the DunkinDonut branding) and yearned to see ANY UConn game on TV (could barely find it on radio) ... that's the story. You WON 4 National Championships in our lifetime already. And you moan and kvetch. You suck. UConn will climb back. But ... the fan base fall off because of challenging years, says a lot about You.

My dear Ol Da ... would be heartbroken

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Why are we recycling over two year old articles about Rutgers, and their AD who's long gone?

Despite their dismal showing so far in the B10, Rutgers is P5, likely forever, and we're not, hopefully not forever, but it's not looking good for us at present.

Reaction Score
Why are we recycling over two year old articles about Rutgers, and their AD who's long gone?

Despite their dismal showing so far in the B10, Rutgers is P5, likely forever, and we're not, hopefully not forever, but it's not looking good for us at present.

Why? Because the current coach went 11-1 and no one cared.

That's why.

A handful of fans.

Does that answer your question?

Reaction Score
IMG_0013.jpeg

I don't care what anyone says: UConn football would be solidly at the top of that next tier - above Rutgers football. More Valued for MBB & WBB & NYC

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Why? Because the current coach went 11-1 and no one cared.

That's why.

A handful of fans.

Does that answer your question?

What's done is done. It's time to move on. Bashing Rutgers with outdated articles serves no useful purpose, and doesn't get us any closer to being a P5 program.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's done is done. It's time to move on. Bashing Rutgers with outdated articles serves no useful purpose, and doesn't get us any closer to being a P5 program.
Could not agree more! We need to bashing Rutgers with up to date articles. Clearly the OP is taking the summer off.

Reaction Score

P5?

Huh? You're bringing up the P5, not me.

This is about young men playing in front of hundreds of fans. With the current Rutgers coaches on the bench.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
P5?

Huh? You're bringing up the P5, not me.

This is about young men playing in front of hundreds of fans. With the current Rutgers coaches on the bench.

Rutgers men's BB program has sucked for almost 40 years, since the Phil Sellers Era in the mid 70's when they went undefeated until they lost in the Final Four semis. Rutgers sucking in BB is not exactly news.

Bashing them now means you're bashing a former UConn player and coach. I would like to see Pikiell succeed, although that may be an impossible hill for him to climb. He's a member of the UConn family, so I support him. You obviously don't, but almost 40 year old news about how badly Rutgers sucks in men's BB is just that...very old news.

Reaction Score
Rutgers men's BB program has sucked for almost 40 years, since the Phil Sellers Era in the mid 70's when they went undefeated until they lost in the Final Four semis. Rutgers sucking in BB is not exactly news.

Bashing them now means you're bashing a former UConn player and coach. I would like to see Pikiell succeed, although that may be an impossible hill for him to climb. He's a member of the UConn family, so I support him. You obviously don't, but almost 40 year old news about how badly Rutgers sucks in men's BB is just that...very old news.

You support Pikiell and Rutgers.

I don't. I don't want them beating UConn for recruits. I don't want to see recruits retweeting posts that UConn is a has-been over-and-done with. I'm a UConn fan.

What would make me happy is to see Rutgers basketball continue to suck and die. It boggles my mind that you don't agree, in fact.

Reaction Score

Things are going so well for PC lately. Congrats. It still amazes me though the amount of envy, jealousy, and concern you have for UConn.

Reaction Score

Wow, you've given up on winning championships? I guess so many years without will do that to you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

This is a message board. Nothing we do serves any useful purpose.

And I hope Pikiell fails completely. I don't give a flying F where he went to school.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
You support Pikiell and Rutgers.

I don't. I don't want them beating UConn for recruits. I don't want to see recruits retweeting posts that UConn is a has-been over-and-done with. I'm a UConn fan.

What would make me happy is to see Rutgers basketball continue to suck and die. It boggles my mind that you don't agree, in fact.

We've been doing pretty well beating Rutgers for recruits over the past 40 years. I sincerely doubt that a tweet by one particular recruit disparaging UConn is going to decimate our chances of ever getting another recruit in a head-to-head battle with Rutgers. I think we all agree that Rutgers program is light years behind ours, and I imagine many recruits are smart enough to recognize that fact. I therefore have no worries that we will lose any key recruits to them, and even if we do, I seriously doubt they're going to resurrect their entire program with one stolen recruit from UConn. Rutgers should be the least of our concerns right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom