Lineman Matt Peart, tight end Tyler Davis plan to return to UConn for 2019 season (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Lineman Matt Peart, tight end Tyler Davis plan to return to UConn for 2019 season (Fuller)

Reaction Score
Lineman Matt Peart, tight end Tyler Davis plan to return to UConn for 2019 season

>>Definitely,” Peart said. “I feel like something positive is definitely happening at UConn and I‘m going to have a stake in that, I want to be part of this process. UConn’s family; UConn’s home and I want to make sure that I come back with a good mentality to lead the young guys in the right way because we’re going to right the ship here, I definitely believe that.

“I’ve spent so much time and effort here at UConn, you want to leave on a good note. I want to continue to grow this program back to where it is used be. It’s why we’re here so I want to see us win and come back and make sure I can help these freshmen gain that edge, the attitude they need to get that extra push.”

Davis has extra incentive to return as he is currently in the semester of graduate school. He is working to earn a master’s degree in financial risk management and should wrap up the work needed for that degree by the end of the fall 2019 semester.

“It’s good just to show the younger guys what this program is all about,” Davis said of his decision to return for a fifth season of eligibility. “I’ve been here a long time so I have some experience on those younger guys who really don’t know what this is all about, kind of show them the right way to do things, so hopefully I’m doing those things.”<<

Reaction Score
Was really hoping some of the better players didn't opt to become grad transfers.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I am assuming Peart didnt 'like' the V. Diggs tweet?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Until they cut Edsall in line at pregame meal and he takes their scholarships away.

Reaction Score
I am assuming Peart didnt 'like' the V. Diggs tweet?

Eh... everyone has an opinion and can hit the send/post icon to express them (especially when the product on the field looks like it does). There will always be kids who think they got shafted or are better than the kid playing ahead of them (or parents thinking their kid is better than your kid). The kids who aren't coming back (voluntarily or involuntarily) know who they are by now - its not a comfortable spot for anyone but the noise in the locker room isn't reverberating like some are trying to make others believe it is. The smart ones get it.

Reaction Score
There are a few two deep guys. Terry...

>>Marshé Terry, who recently moved to linebacker, is among the players who could graduate and move on at season’s end. Terry, who is ninth on the Huskies with 28 tackles despite missing three games with an ankle injury, said he is focusing on these final two games but he absolutely wants to return for his senior season.<<

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I had no idea that Peart was a flight risk. I'm glad he's sticking around. I think he continues to get better.

Same goes for Davis. The kid had made some big catches, and it's hard to believe he was originally a QB with the way he plays his new position.

Good decision, fellas...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
>>Marshé Terry, who recently moved to linebacker, is among the players who could graduate and move on at season’s end. Terry, who is ninth on the Huskies with 28 tackles despite missing three games with an ankle injury, said he is focusing on these final two games but he absolutely wants to return for his senior season.<<
Two guys who will be key to our 15-0 season :cool:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Bisack, Murphy, Holman, Freeborn, Campbell, Cespedes, Fines, Okounam, Thomas, O'Reilly, Tarbutt, Terry, plus Peart and Davis who said they are coming back.

We can all pick out names and my guess about nine will be leaving after the season. No idea who but we will know by the end of the last game when UConn recognizes Seniors

Reaction Score
Lineman Matt Peart, tight end Tyler Davis plan to return to UConn for 2019 season

>>Definitely,” Peart said. “I feel like something positive is definitely happening at UConn and I‘m going to have a stake in that, I want to be part of this process. UConn’s family; UConn’s home and I want to make sure that I come back with a good mentality to lead the young guys in the right way because we’re going to right the ship here, I definitely believe that.

“I’ve spent so much time and effort here at UConn, you want to leave on a good note. I want to continue to grow this program back to where it is used be. It’s why we’re here so I want to see us win and come back and make sure I can help these freshmen gain that edge, the attitude they need to get that extra push.”

Davis has extra incentive to return as he is currently in the semester of graduate school. He is working to earn a master’s degree in financial risk management and should wrap up the work needed for that degree by the end of the fall 2019 semester.

“It’s good just to show the younger guys what this program is all about,” Davis said of his decision to return for a fifth season of eligibility. “I’ve been here a long time so I have some experience on those younger guys who really don’t know what this is all about, kind of show them the right way to do things, so hopefully I’m doing those things.”<<
As bad as this team is, why keep any of them around?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As bad as this team is, why keep any of them around?

Sometimes it is better to say nothing than to say something stupid. Yes the team is not good but a couple of these players have played well and should stay, not sure how you don't see that

Reaction Score
Are they even talented enough to move to a better program next year? Peart perhaps, but he's had a lot false starts. Davis is probably in the best position by staying. With McClean graduating, there may be a bigger role for him next season. On a better team, he probably only plays on punt coverage.

Reaction Score
Sometimes it is better to say nothing than to say something stupid. Yes the team is not good but a couple of these players have played well and should stay, not sure how you don't see that

The dumbest part about his comment was the fact he doesn’t realize Peart would start on any team in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I take a class with Peart and his is a striving OT. Very smart guy and always has something positive to say about the programs status and edsall when asked. Really happy that he decided to stay the extra year, will be a big time leader.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom