Like Springtime Dandelions | The Boneyard

Like Springtime Dandelions

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When you win AP Player of the Year, the Anne Meyers Drysdale Award, The Naismith Player of the Year, the Wooden Award and a few more the net blooms with highlight video of your stuff. This one, focusing on transition passing, came out today. Can't get enough:

Reaction Score
Tom Brady, eat your heart out. This is a highlight collection, but Slim does this in every game. Think great players around the country would like to be on the receiving end of those passes? Makin' Fat Stats for others, baby.

Reaction Score
Sometimes we wonder how a much heralded player coming into a program with the history of a team like Uconn will be accepted. This video explains it all. Paige makes every other player more valuable to the whole of the team with her unselfish play. The team is more important than the individual.

Reaction Score
A special player arrived at a crucial time. Had a lot of folks forgetting about a pandemic a few times a week! ;)
On the other hand, can't wait for next season for this group to enjoy the adulation of the crowd so well deserved. The young ladies on the other end of those passes also deserve credit by getting to where they had to be on the floor.
Movement without the ball and when to simply move in transition a Geno calling card well used this season. So much talent to be honed and refined to perfect pitch next season. Looking forward to next seasons ballet performances.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm just PO'd that SNY made the BY take down all of the games that they broadcasted. Many of the people that watch them don't live in their coverage area and they aren't losing any money from it. Why did they do it after all of those years of posting the games? Could it be because the Big East didn't like it and forced SNY to take them down? I just miss being able to watch the games during the off season just to get ready for the next season.

Reaction Score
I have a theory that it was because this year the pregame/post game/and half time were also posted which are exclusive SNY content. Could be other issues also but most of the games are available on the internet if you look hard enough.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When you win AP Player of the Year, the Anne Meyers Drysdale Award, The Naismith Player of the Year, the Wooden Award and a few more the net blooms with highlight video of your stuff. This one, focusing on transition passing, came out today. Can't get enough:

This video is a testament to why the ball needs to be in Paige's hands. Crystal Dangerfield made those types of passes, but she's gone. Paige was the only one making those types of passes last year on a consistent basis. We'll see what Azzi and Dorka can do.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'm just PO'd that SNY made the BY take down all of the games that they broadcasted. Many of the people that watch them don't live in their coverage area and they aren't losing any money from it. Why did they do it after all of those years of posting the games? Could it be because the Big East didn't like it and forced SNY to take them down? I just miss being able to watch the games during the off season just to get ready for the next season.
The games themselves are on YouTube. The uconnhuskygames.com page merely links to the YouTube videos. SNY's complaint was about the page linking to SNY content, not about the game videos being on YouTube.

I have never failed to find a game that I wanted to see through a direct YouTube search, even if it was an SNY broadcast.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
:rolleyes: When you win AP Player of the Year, the Anne Meyers Drysdale Award, The Naismith Player of the Year, the Wooden Award and a few more the net blooms with highlight video of your stuff. This one, focusing on transition passing, came out today. Can't get enough:

BTW, as I am having a huge dandelion issue with my lawn, I curse you out every time a new post hits this thread and it jumps to the top of the thread listing. I am at 986 and counting dandelion roots I have extracted as the various lawn pesticides are not doing the trick. I probably have another 800+ to go.
But that said, your metaphor of Dandelions to Paige’s awards is entirely apropos (despite the consternation you caused me!). :confused::rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
BTW, as I am having a huge dandelion issue with my lawn, I curse you out every time a new post hits this thread and it jumps to the top of the thread listing. I am at 986 and counting dandelion roots I have extracted as the various lawn pesticides are not doing the trick. I probably have another 800+ to go.
But that said, your metaphor of Dandelions to Paige’s awards is entirely apropos (despite the consternation you caused me!). :confused::rolleyes:
Yes, the dandelion is an amazingly tough weed and if you don't get them with poison in their infancy you are relegated to the 'pig sticker' root extraction - your method. Man you're patient!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
An older Italian gentleman in our neighborhood made wine out of them. Give a shot!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Try Astroturf, Dude! :)

Or Scott's Plus2.

Reaction Score
I have a solution for you. A story I used to tell patients ends like this. “ learn to love your dadelions.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom