Liberty waive nine-year WNBA veteran Layshia Clarendon | The Boneyard

Liberty waive nine-year WNBA veteran Layshia Clarendon

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The New York Liberty have waived veteran guard Layshia Clarendon, the team announced Thursday morning. Clarendon, 30, had seen just three minutes of action across the team's first three games of the 2021 season.

WNBA player transactions the last 2 days:

May 21, 2021​

Chicago Sky: Shyla Heal – Set Active
Minnesota Lynx: Napheesa Collier – Set Active
Minnesota Lynx: Linnae Harper – Hardship Release
Seattle Storm: Epiphanny Prince – Set Active
Connecticut Sun: Shatori Walker-Kimbrough – Sign ROS Contract (Hardship)

May 20, 2021​

Chicago Sky: Brittany Boyd-Jones – Hardship Release
New York Liberty: Layshia Clarendon – Waived

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The New York Liberty have waived veteran guard Layshia Clarendon, the team announced Thursday morning. Clarendon, 30, had seen just three minutes of action across the team's first three games of the 2021 season.

WNBA player transactions the last 2 days:

May 21, 2021​

Chicago Sky: Shyla Heal – Set Active
Minnesota Lynx: Napheesa Collier – Set Active
Minnesota Lynx: Linnae Harper – Hardship Release
Seattle Storm: Epiphanny Prince – Set Active
Connecticut Sun: Shatori Walker-Kimbrough – Sign ROS Contract (Hardship)

May 20, 2021​

Chicago Sky: Brittany Boyd-Jones – Hardship Release
New York Liberty: Layshia Clarendon – Waived
Wow didn't expect that. Clarendon was by far the Liberty's best player a year ago.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I saw an article recently which said Clarendon had come out as trans or fluid. The article used both. If he/they are trans and taking hormones, he might not be able to compete in the W.

I've loved Clarendon since the Cal years (it hurt to read what happened there), and I wish Clarendon all the best.

Reaction Score
Oh man! That’s my home girl. She beat my team a few times when we played them in her high school days. Great player but better person.

Reaction Score
I saw an article recently which said Clarendon had come out as trans or fluid. The article used both. If he/they are trans and taking hormones, he might not be able to compete in the W.

I've loved Clarendon since the Cal years (it hurt to read what happened there), and I wish Clarendon all the best.
Interesting thought on the taking of hormones. She/he/they/them had some very severe "optional" surgery recently. I have a feeling this is going to be an issue going forward in the W.

Reaction Score
Interesting thought on the taking of hormones. She/he/they/them had some very severe "optional" surgery recently. I have a feeling this is going to be an issue going forward in the W.
Based on other sports, specifically track and field, I would venture to guess that if Clarendon plans to take any hormones, the best course of action was discussed with the WNBA. And likely means waiting until after the playing career has concluded. Clarendon was a bright spot on an abysmal roster last year. Now that they have a better group, the services of Clarendon aren’t as crucial. A solid player who could easily get picked up off the waivers.

Reaction Score
Sad that she got waived by New York. I know that it was a tough move in the end. Just glad that she was able to find a spot here in Minnesota!! She is going to be solid addition in the long run.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Clarendon was picked up......................She was picked up by the Lynx shortly after she cleared waivers. :)
Get in where you fit in. She'll be a much better fit in Minnesota.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom