Liberty vs Wings | The Boneyard

Liberty vs Wings

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When a 6'0 guard outrebounds your starting PF and C ..... combined.... its not a good sign Head bang

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tina with a new career high. Kiah with her first double double of the year. Zellous best game in a Liberty uniform.

Great game for Tina - she was money from all over the floor. It was fun seeing her, Bria and Kiah on the floor for good number of minutes together.

IMO, Tina has added more to her game and developed more since turning pro than any other Husky. She's something else

Reaction Score
Great game for Tina - she was money from all over the floor. It was fun seeing her, Bria and Kiah on the floor for good number of minutes together.

IMO, Tina has added more to her game and developed more since turning pro than any other Husky. She's something else

I completely agree. Tina's game is incredible. I dare say she is the best center in the league. Griner is very one dimensional compared to her. It was really good to see Kiah look to score. NY is such a much more dangerous team offensively when she looks to score.

Also Lyndsey Allen looked really good. She didn't fill the stat box but she looked very comfortable running the point. No silly turnovers or mistakes. I think if she is given the chance she can be a great catch for a team should the Liberty choose not to keep her.

On another note....: The league is too small. Realistically each team has a set of core superstars and the rest of the roster can be easily filled with any of the plethora of good to very good players graduating and/or emerging from overseas leagues.

It's sad that really that this year's number one draft pick (not to mention the best three point shooter in wcbb history) basically is scratching for playing time off of the bench.

Reaction Score
I completely agree. Tina's game is incredible. I dare say she is the best center in the league.

Technically she's been playing PF for at least a couple of years.

Griner is very one dimensional compared to her.

Griner is not as versatile as Charles, but she's carrying Phoenix so far this season. Not sure why they're being compared. You could say Charles isn't the intimidating defensive presence as Griner.

Also Lyndsey Allen looked really good. She didn't fill the stat box but she looked very comfortable running the point. No silly turnovers or mistakes. I think if she is given the chance she can be a great catch for a team should the Liberty choose not to keep her.

Somebody needs to be cut when Prince returns. Who should that somebody be?

Reaction Score
Tina is such a joy to watch. I don't think there's a harder worker in the game... she's developed into an elite post who now does literally everything well, from bringing the ball up the floor to draining threes to making steals on defense. And while she may not be a natural leader, her work ethic, off-the-charts talent and competitive fire have made the Liberty her team. I follow four UConn-centric WNBA teams quite closely, the Sun, Mercury, Liberty and Strom. Seattle is probably my favorite, as I find the play-making of Bird, Loyd, Stewart and Mosqueda-Lewis irresistible to watch. But the one thing I want to see way more than anything else is for Tina Charles and the Liberty to win their first championship. That would make this casual WNBA fan very happy indeed. Go Tina!
:)

Reaction Score
Tina, Bria and Kiah were 3 starters in last night's game. Thanks to UConn.
Tina and Bria were great but I also like Kiah's excellent performance.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

This us a genuine question (even if comes off as snarky): what purpose does Burdick serve for them?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah's stats were subpar for her early on. I think Bill said she was overweight. I love to see Kiah when she is aggressive. She is one of the best rebounders and shot blockers in the league, so when she demands the ball down low, she's a very good overall player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Tina is now averaging 21.5 ppg. That ties her with Griner for the league lead. Tina averaged the same 21.5 ppg last year to led the league.

She made two 3-pointers in her first 6 seasons. She made 17 last year, in shooting 34.7%. This year, she's 6-12 for a nice 50%.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Technically she's been playing PF for at least a couple of years. Griner is not as versatile as Charles, but she's carrying Phoenix so far this season. Not sure why they're being compared. You could say Charles isn't the intimidating defensive presence as Griner.

Nobody. Allen was brought in to replace Brittany Boyd who is done for the season (in the 2nd game) with a knee injury. I just looked at their current roster, they show 13 players including Boyd.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I've been following Kiah since she graduated. While there, she was one of my favorites for lots of reasons, the least of which was that she did not quit after being banished to Geno's casa de' bow wow for long periods of time. At the end of her rookie season, I predicted that she would be averaging a double double by the end of her third year (this one).

I don't know if she will or not, but I'm sure she has the skill and ability to. This game was proof positive. She has 2 full WNBA seasons of experience, and 2 full seasons of overseas experience under her belt. If not now, when? She's primed and ready for a breakout season. This is what Laimbeer envisioned for Kiah when he traded up to get her in the draft. I hope Tina stays in her ear and head, and begins to rub off on her. Her play today, made my day!!! Go Kiah! :p

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nobody. Allen was brought in to replace Brittany Boyd who is done for the season (in the 2nd game) with a knee injury. I just looked at their current roster, they show 13 players including Boyd.

Well, I have a couple of problems with that. Boyd was injured days ago, and you can't replace a player only being down one, unless you cut that player.

When you temporarily suspend a player for national team duty, as was the case for Prince and Vaughn, then you can immediately replace that player. Look at the timing. Allen and Hopkins were signed to replace Prince and Vaughn.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well, I have a couple of problems with that. Boyd was injured days ago, and you can't replace a player only being down one, unless you cut that player.

When you temporarily suspend a player for national team duty, as was the case for Prince and Vaughn, then you can immediately replace that player. Look at the timing. Allen and Hopkins were signed to replace Prince and Vaughn.

If that's true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, then perhaps Allen should not unpack.

Reaction Score
Technically she's been playing PF for at least a couple of years.

Griner is not as versatile as Charles, but she's carrying Phoenix so far this season. Not sure why they're being compared. You could say Charles isn't the intimidating defensive presence as Griner.

hmm...PF/Center? <shrug> Anyways we compare players in basketball. The Jordan-Lebron debate is raging right now. I am not knocking Griner, she is HOF without question. I am just talking about their games.

Charles has added the 3 ball to her arsenal and I think she is so much more of a scoring threat than Griner. Griner has a pretty much unstoppable jump hook with the left or the right, unstoppable on the boards. Yes she is a helluva shot blocker and she clogs the lane.

I would like for Griner to improve her midrange/outside shooting. IMO her repertoire is about the same as it was in college.

Reaction Score
hmm...PF/Center? <shrug> Anyways we compare players in basketball. The Jordan-Lebron debate is raging right now. I am not knocking Griner, she is HOF without question. I am just talking about their games.

Charles has added the 3 ball to her arsenal and I think she is so much more of a scoring threat than Griner. Griner has a pretty much unstoppable jump hook with the left or the right, unstoppable on the boards. Yes she is a helluva shot blocker and she clogs the lane.

I would like for Griner to improve her midrange/outside shooting. IMO her repertoire is about the same as it was in college.

I am one of those who thinks Griner hasn't lived up to her potential/her billing. She's playing good basketball right now, but Phoenix also hasn't faced the top of the league.

That said, I do think Griner has improved her offensive game immensely since college. It's not at the same level as Fowles, IMO, but it is better than it was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom