Liberty @ Sun - 8/18/17 | The Boneyard

Liberty @ Sun - 8/18/17

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
N.Y. is making their move, trying to get a top-4 spot. They played defense and hit the boards in winning at Connecticut. Tina had 24 and 7. She'll be #2 in the MVP voting.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
God, I hate NY. :mad: NY's defense and rebounding along with fouls on JJ were the only appreciable difference in this one (again). NY seems to have a knack for disrupting what the Sun normally do on offense. Get on it Curt! We''ll probably see these guys again... :(

This don't get easier with Phoenix and Dallas up next.

Reaction Score
The Sun did not play well in many respects, although NY does what it needs to do to clog the lane and disrupt what CT usually does.

But first of all, the Sun did not play with energy. NY getting second and third chances was just one way that became apparent, if you couldn't just see it in their body language. But when you don't have energy in your steps, the balls don't fall. If you have more momentum (and I'm not talking emotional, but physical) you are better able to control your shot. It's critical to play with energy. And without that energy, shots were not falling and the three ball is so important against NY to open up the middle for JJ and especially for Alyssa Thomas who looks a bit small when she is going up against NY. You also tend to have more fouls called on you if you are not playing with energy because you are reaching and not moving the feet. Sometimes, you just can't get that energy going, but you have to as a professional.

I thought Morgan was one bright spot, she was energetic and 2 for 2 when she was replaced. This was one time, I didn't understand the short hook by Miller. The team was lethargic. She brought good energy and her shots were falling. Why pull her?

Overall, a very disappointing game. The Sun look tentative, and I realize that's partly NY's doing, but I heard Miller talk about trying to hold on to a top four spot and they played like they were trying to hold onto something instead of going out and grabbing it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been very impressed by Connecticut this year. Alyssa, Jasmine, Jonquel, Courtney, and Shekinna ALL look improved. They shoot the ball well and push the pace. I thought it would be a lost season without Chiney, but they look better than they did with Chiney.

New York, which played good defense the past few years, looked off their game early this year and gave up lots of points. More recently, they seem to have found their defense. Slowing down the Sun is no small task. For the Liberty to advance, they need some support for Tina, who is their rock.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am a Liberty Fan so I was pleasantly surprised by the win. I have been impressed with the guard play of NY. Tina will always be Tina and defense and rebounding are always a strength but Shavonte Zellous, Sugar Rogers, Bria Hartley, Epiphany Prince and Lindsey Allen are all shooting and running the offense well since they are not a conventional fast breaking team. I think they will overtake the Mystics and get the 4th spot. A dangerous out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom