Liberty @ Storm - 7/06/17 | The Boneyard

Liberty @ Storm - 7/06/17

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm drained from the Lynx game, but I'll check in on our Huskies in the Emerald City.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
21-14 Seattle after 1Q. Both teams shooting poorly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
New York leads 38-37 at the half. Tina has 16; Stewie has 12.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
New York has expended the lead. After 3Q, Tina has 22/7/4/1/2. That's a nice line for 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
I watched the first quarter and a half. It was horrible to watch. Did the game get any better?

Reaction Score
Tina Charles, WOW! Unstoppable anywhere in the paint, as she literally wills her team to victory last night. Impressive performance.

Disappointing outing for Seattle, though. They just couldn't make their shots, especially when it mattered. They have to find a way to get Jewell going. When Jewell's shots aren't falling, she just doesn't bring a lot of value to the team, since she's not a passer / play maker of the caliber of a Sue Bird. Sue had a bad night too, as Seattle's starting guards went a combined 3 for 20 from the field. Ouch!

Sami Whitcomb sure is fun to watch. Once again she single handedly got her team back in it late in the game. But with no real support from her team mates, and Tina Charles on the prowl, it was not meant to be.

Seattle is a team where the sum seems less than the individual parts. There's just something missing at the team level, I can't quite put my finger on it....

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina Charles, WOW! Unstoppable anywhere in the paint, as she literally wills her team to victory last night. Impressive performance.

Disappointing outing for Seattle, though. They just couldn't make their shots, especially when it mattered. They have to find a way to get Jewell going. When Jewell's shots aren't falling, she just doesn't bring a lot of value to the team, since she's not a passer / play maker of the caliber of a Sue Bird. Sue had a bad night too, as Seattle's starting guards went a combined 3 for 20 from the field. Ouch!

Sami Whitcomb sure is fun to watch. Once again she single handedly got her team back in it late in the game. But with no real support from her team mates, and Tina Charles on the prowl, it was not meant to be.

Seattle is a team where the sum seems less than the individual parts. There's just something missing at the team level, I can't quite put my finger on it....
Seattle's bench is weak. It has cost them games after the starters have gotten the lead. The Storm usually shoot the ball well, but not last night. Sue was off, and Jewell's slump of the last month or so continues. I thought she would be an obvious choice for SG to replace Diana or Seimone on Team USA, but I'm re-thinking that. Seattle still struggles with inside play, other than Stewie. Kiah Stokes would be a huge help.

Reaction Score

Stewie gets no help from Alysha Clark, or Crystal Langhorne rebounding. Too many times Stewie has to try to pick up a driving guard, or small forward, that got past their defender. Seattle needs help up front, and someone to backup Sue, Noelle Quinn may know the offense, but she can't guard anyone. I've also noticed they sometimes go for long periods, and seem to forget Stewie is part of the offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom