Liberty @ Sparks - 8/04/17 | The Boneyard

Liberty @ Sparks - 8/04/17

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Libs just seemed to run out of energy in the third quarter. Game tied at the half at 44 each.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Based on what I've seen from the Sparks and Lynx so far this season, it looks like it's going to be a repeat of last year's finals between the Lynx vs the Sparks. I think the Lynx win it this time. The Minnesota Lynx announced yesterday that Lindsay Whalen underwent successful surgery to repair a fracture of her fifth metacarpal in her left hand today at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Whalen will be sidelined indefinitely and a further update will be provided when appropriate.

The injury occurred during the third quarter of last night’s 69-54 Lynx victory over the Atlanta Dream. The 14-year veteran started all 22 games for the Lynx this season, averaging 8.0 points (45.1%), 2.5 rebounds and a team-high 4.1 assists per game. Renee Montgomery and Jia Perkins will now taken over in Whalen's absence. They should be able to provide adequate relief at the point the the Lynx the remainder of the regular and post season if Whalen is unable to return.

Reaction Score
The Liberty are usually in trouble when Tina is off or in foul trouble on the bench. They have no one that is a consistent scorer. It feels like the other team is dealing with Tina the best they can, but shutting down the rest of the shooters.
I know travel can be a b****, but Zellous, Prince, and Rogers have to be able to pick up the slack and hit the crucial shots in the 4Q. And Kiah needs to finish her layups.
It is really tough watching the Liberty these days.
I agree with the above poster that the Lynx and Sparks should go at it again in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Renee Montgomery and Jia Perkins will now taken over in Whalen's absence. They should be able to provide adequate relief at the point the the Lynx the remainder of the regular and post season if Whalen is unable to return.

Alexis Jones should be the backup to Montgomery. Perkins has been backing up Augustus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom