Liberty hires former Baylor AD | The Boneyard

Liberty hires former Baylor AD

Reaction Score
Jerry Falwell Jr (school president):

CyX7nS0XEAARxUV.jpg:large

I'm sure it's an "exciting" time for all the females on campus too.

Reaction Score
I assume Liberty will announce plans to move up to FBS within 5 years.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Jerry Falwell Jr (school president):

CyX7nS0XEAARxUV.jpg:large

I'm sure it's an "exciting" time for all the females on campus too.

How do people not think before they put stuff out to the press.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Look at who the school president is.

I know, but it's still a stupid thing to put out there. It's the political way to just ignore the issue.

Reaction Score
I know, but it's still a stupid thing to put out there.

Yes. I'm just saying he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Televangelists are not known for their brain power, but at least they have some kind of charisma. The son of televangelist? Not so much.

Reaction Score
Yes. I'm just saying he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Televangelists are not known for their brain power, but at least they have some kind of charisma. The son of televangelist? Not so much.

Stereotype much?

Reaction Score
It was dad's (Jerry Sr.) "vision"/dream to go D1... Said so, something like 35 years ago.

With what D1 has become, time to let the dream go.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Consider the audience. Do you think Title IX concerns are high up there for the Liberty U crowd?

No, but the systematic covering up of violent crimes should be.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Stereotype much?

If someone actually believes in and gives money to a televangelist, they are an even duller knife in the drawer of life. Dupes. Utterly willing ignorant dupes.

Although I have to admit, I used to be mesmerized by Dr. Gene Scott back in the 80s. He managed to brilliantly obfuscate the Scriptures using chalk and a blackboard and large words while repeatedly showing videos of his horse farm stocked with expensive Arabians. And the money kept pouring in from the willing dupes. Plus his second wife was hot.

Reaction Score
If someone actually believes in and gives money to a televangelist, they are an even duller knife in the drawer of life. Dupes. Utterly willing ignorant dupes.

Although I have to admit, I used to be mesmerized by Dr. Gene Scott back in the 80s. He managed to brilliantly obfuscate the Scriptures using chalk and a blackboard and large words while repeatedly showing videos of his horse farm stocked with expensive Arabians. And the money kept pouring in from the willing dupes. Plus his second wife was hot.

It's a generally true statement that televangelists are hucksters selling the Gospel for a buck, or maybe a private jet - especially in places like TBN. But it's not universally true, and in any case that's no reason to attribute the sins of the father to the son.

You bring back memories by mentioning Gene Scott. My wife and I lived in California in the 80's. I remember him, and his show, and the saxophone. Don't think I ever listened to him speak. He was on Channel 56 with Wally George and the Japanese Samurai soap operas and the Racing Results from Santa Anita. I married horse woman, you see. Had to watch Trevor Denman.

Reaction Score

All about the $$$

Jim Bakker is still at it for heaven's sake..

Yu have to be a special kind of stupid.

Reaction Score
Liberty can rise farther in College Athletics. It is about money; it is about size (20,000 on campus AND 100,000 online). It might be about Fanbase.

Reaction Score
If Falwell says "go to the game", they go to the game. Can't quite imagine top athletes going there, but Oral Roberts had some decent basketball at one time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom