Liberty bring back Lindsay Allen | The Boneyard

Liberty bring back Lindsay Allen

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
NEW YORK -- Lindsay Allen took advantage of her brief unemployment after getting cut by the New York Liberty at the end of training camp.

She was able to enjoy her final week of college at Notre Dame and partake in graduation ceremonies.

"It's been a little surreal. I've been traveling so much these past few weeks after I got cut," Allen told The Associated Press in an interview before the Liberty lost to the Los Angeles Sparks on Tuesday night. "I never unpacked my bags. Now that I'm finally here, I can unpack them. It's been great. Learning a lot, still. Learning new plays, getting comfortable."

[Article]

Reaction Score
The fact that she even had to be brought back doesn't speak well for Bill's choices in respect to his final roster.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Surprised it took this long - I thought they would bring her back as soon as the injury occurred. And I wouldn't have been surprised if Seattle had placed a call when they learned that KML needed surgery.

Reaction Score
I'm one who thinks she can play at the WNBA level. She is probably not going to be a huge scorer, but she can do a lot like Saniya is doing with Dallas, handle the ball reliably, not turn the ball over, and make passes to the scorers.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I'm one who thinks she can play at the WNBA level. She is probably not going to be a huge scorer, but she can do a lot like Saniya is doing with Dallas, handle the ball reliably, not turn the ball over, and make passes to the scorers.
I agree: she is consistent and reliable; a good TEAM player.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
The fact that she even had to be brought back doesn't speak well for Bill's choices in respect to his final roster.

Yes, shame on Laimbeer and the Liberty for not predicting and/or anticipating Boyd's Achilles injury, thereby necessitating Allen's re-signing.

Reaction Score
Good for Lindsay. Some think she can play at this level, and some disagree. She has a golden opportunity in the absence of Brittany Boyd.

IMHO, there was never a time when Allen didn't demonstrate WNBA readiness. Muffet had her passing too much to Agumbowale and Mabrey or we would have seen more of Lindsay's offensive skills.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So-so game for LA. She got a good amount of minutes in a close game.

Stats: 0-2 FG, 0 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl, 3 turnovers.

Most importantly, the Liberty got the close win and Allen was +11 in her 17:36.

Reaction Score
Yes, shame on Laimbeer and the Liberty for not predicting and/or anticipating Boyd's Achilles injury, thereby necessitating Allen's re-signing.

I believe it was more about Prince leaving to join her national team for Eurobasket.

That being said, I'm curious who willtalk thought should have been cut instead of Allen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom