2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley Reopens Recruitment | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley Reopens Recruitment

Reaction Score
Someone has to have made the call right? Been quiet.
We weren't even listed on his massive list of potential destinations which seems so strange. We should be on every top recruits radar at least. I don't remember his exact list but it might have included Villanova. Villanova??? Neptune???

Reaction Score
We weren't even listed on his massive list of potential destinations which seems so strange. We should be on every top recruits radar at least. I don't remember his exact list but it might have included Villanova. Villanova??? Neptune???
Neptune allowed Cam Whitmore to do whatever he wanted last year. Any kid who expects to be one-and-done without any consideration for his team should consider Villanova. Hurley referenced this during the donor practice in October. When answering a question about Castle, Hurley said that they needed to coach all the bad out of Castle to make sure they didn't get a Cam Whitmore.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We probably thought we were at that age.

Nobody thinks they are making an illogical decision at the time of their decision.
I just ate a piece of pie when i knew I shouldn’t. But you are right. Sometimes it is just a hard decision for a kid when chat boards project all sorts of motives on high school kids. My grandson is a hs senior with a fabulous singing voice and wants to major in voice. He has several scholarship offers after auditioning and with about a month left before he has to decide he really is unsure and torn.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Neptune allowed Cam Whitmore to do whatever he wanted last year. Any kid who expects to be one-and-done without any consideration for his team should consider Villanova. Hurley referenced this during the donor practice in October. When answering a question about Castle, Hurley said that they needed to coach all the bad out of Castle to make sure they didn't get a Cam Whitmore.
McNeeley is a totally different animal, he’d fit right in, he’s had the best basketball coaches money can buy since he was in grade school. He already has a brand for himself centered around retro appeal, toughness and competitiveness, both his parents are entrepreneurs in the communications field. Hes also a Nike kid, and we need shooting on next years team more than anything, the fit almost makes too much sense. There must just be no interest on his end.

Reaction Score
He also fell to 20th in the draft, which was the most famous and precipitous drop in last year’s draft. That hardly seems like a selling point for Nova/Neptune.

I love that we have so many recent success stories to point to, for both freshmen and transfers.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I did not hear that before. Castle's coachability (humility) is paying off big time. He's only in year one and he is setting an example to everyone. It's all part of the culture. Everyone including the staff and DH are buying in. Announcers continue to talk about the unselfishness and how it pays off along with superb passing.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Castle's coachability (humility) is paying off big time. He's only in year one and he is setting an example to everyone.
The way this played out has been great. If he's a lottery pick and does well in the league, that's the example Hurley can point to for future recruits. "See? Playing in the system and being unselfish works, you don't have to go get yours."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The way this played out has been great. If he's a lottery pick and does well in the league, that's the example Hurley can point to for future recruits. "See? Playing in the system and being unselfish works, you don't have to go get yours."
Exactly. Think of the recruiting pitch. Castle says he never focused on defense. Comes here, embraces it and becomes a top 5 pick mostly because of his versatile/switchable defense. Castle didn't even realize he could be so good on that end. Now you can see how he loves the challenge of erasing the other team's best player.

Reaction Score
I did not hear that before. Castle's coachability (humility) is paying off big time. He's only in year one and he is setting an example to everyone. It's all part of the culture. Everyone including the staff and DH are buying in. Announcers continue to talk about the unselfishness and how it pays off along with superb passing.
It’s crazy to think, IIRC, that one of the knocks analysts would try and put against Steph when he was still a recruit was that he was not motivated or had a bad motor…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom