2024 Recruiting: - Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Liam McNeeley, the Second of His Name, 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW the $750k figure was a source of much dispute among IU fans while he was committed.

Some believe that was for 1 year, others believe spread over 2 years, making it 375k a year.

Not sure if that's more in line with UConn's NIL... Are there any notable collectives in the picture?

Reaction Score
Is this common knowledge?
I think so?

He did a shirt with PMT that they launched right after we won the Natty. All profits to DC. I wanna say they sold 10k shirts at $35 a pop in the first day after they launched it. That's just one shirt/nil deal. Stuff like that adds up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You’re correct, but no one knows what he is looking for. His mind might change real quick when we have $500k-$750k on the table and Bama comes in with $1.5M or something absurd. I’m like 51% confident he will make the right choice which will pay dividends down the line to the tune of tens of millions of dollars in the NBA. But $EC money talks
Not everything is dollars and cents, you do understand that, right?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You’re correct, but no one knows what he is looking for. His mind might change real quick when we have $500k-$750k on the table and Bama comes in with $1.5M or something absurd. I’m like 51% confident he will make the right choice which will pay dividends down the line to the tune of tens of millions of dollars in the NBA. But $EC money talks
Dauster flat out said we can offer 750k on his pod.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The McNeeley-Karaban-Reed front court might set a record for number of screens set. I think they’ll be pretty damn good at rebounding too.

Reaction Score
He decommitted from IU the day after Woodson got an extension. Maybe I’m naive but it seems like he may have watched IU this year and said “no way I’m playing for him.”
Or they let him know they were paying big for the portal and he may not have much PT

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
No, never landed an MV kid. Which is surprising, I know Danny is close friends with KB Jr.
You must be forgetting about 2023 National Champion Emmett Hendry…

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Do you really believe that if Hurley & staff really want someone $$ is gonna be a stumbling block?
No. But people can price themselves out of the equation when they make it clear that that is the game. See: Cliff O

Reaction Score
No. But people can price themselves out of the equation when they make it clear that that is the game. See: Cliff O
I don’t disagree on the player/family side of the equation - I’m saying if UConn made a valuation and wanted a player strongly enough - I’m not convinced $$ will be the issue on UConn’s side of the equation. They won’t overpay.

Reaction Score
Old news. All over Google. Leave it at that
Am I the first guy to make a duplicate post? My sincerest apologies didn’t mean to steal your thunder

Reaction Score
Am I the first guy to make a duplicate post? My sincerest apologies didn’t mean to steal your thunder
No problem with the thunder. Always appreciate your input as a dude that knows what's going on.

Edit: I am rarely the guy breaking news with the GIFs/Internet reveals or the recruiting experts predicting the latest player news through their sources.. Not my lane nor will it ever be.

Just a casual fan that digs UConn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Question on these NIL "deals". Say a "personality" like the next Paige Bueckers (or even just the next Clingan or Spencer) goes to UConn and strikes a "deal". Isn't one of the unquantified upsides for the player that if his team does really well and he shines and he will get some "advertisers hunting him up on their own outside of NIL" deals.

Say Mcneeley plays great and team does great and is in everyone's face he could reap all kinds of extra money deals, right? I'm figuring Clingan got way more deals than whatever "minimum" NIL deal he might have gotten guaranteed from UConn's collective.

I would expect UConn is also selling: Clingan top 50 recruit to lottery, Newton from nowhere to drafted, expect each "upgrade" in career results is worth lot more than most NIL deals.

Reaction Score
I can see a top player with a financially secure family leaving some money on the table for a great fit.
What about a top player who doesn’t come from a “financially secure” family?

Aren’t they also capable of making a decision to leave some money on the table for a higher quality fit?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Do you really believe that if Hurley & staff really want someone $$ is gonna be a stumbling block?
Yeah, I think they've made it clear there's a limit to what they'll spend on one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom