Let's Talk River Walk | The Boneyard

Let's Talk River Walk

Reaction Score
So far in Uconn's River Walk bracket as the early games wind down we have:

-Marquette getting it handed to them by Va Tech. Not a good look for the Big East as their only other representative looks headed for an early exit. Although credit due for Marquette making a late rally and not going away quietly.

-Iowa handling Central Michigan as "that other freshman sensation" is having a great game as she usually does.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Clark deserves more talk about her. She’s got so many facets to her game and she’s only going to get better. She and Paige are so similar in their playing styles and both have extremely bright futures. The NCAA, WNBA, and USA basketball must be loving the amount of talent they’ll have for years to come!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Some tried to claim that the Big East was as good as the Pac or Big 10.
Seems as if the operative word there is "was".

Reaction Score
2 hours into the 2021 NCAA Tourney, the BE has one team in it. Trying to decipher the difference between the BE and the AAC is like explaining the difference between a one-hump camel and a dromedary.

Reaction Score
No major upsets yet, which is usually the case in the first round of the WCBB, but Idaho St hung pretty tough with Kentucky only losing by 8. Tennessee by 25 over Middle TN St but TN didn't pull away until later in the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2 hours into the 2021 NCAA Tourney, the BE has one team in it. Trying to decipher the difference between the BE and the AAC is like explaining the difference between a one-hump camel and a dromedary.
My Moroccan girlfriend told me Dromedary tastes better and its very expensive...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah, someone woke TN up during half time as they went to the half tied. MTSU has a TN transfer as well, by the way.

Reaction Score
I live in San Antonio so I can personally testify that the River Walk is the most beautiful of the four bracket namesakes. The Alamo is historic, the Mercado is a marketplace and the Hemisfair with it's tower is impressive but none are as beautiful as the River Walk. I expect that UCONN will make it even more beautiful by the end of the tourney.

Reaction Score
Since 2013 the PAC 12 and BIG 10 haven't won a NC. Actually nobody from the PAC 12 has won since Stanford in 1992! The last time a BIG 10 team has won a NC was Purdue in 1999!
Big East has 1 and tied with the ACC, SEC and BIG 12 for NCs! The AAC has the most with 3. Tied with the rest of Division 1 Womens Basketball combined! The New Big East and the AAC might be weaker conferences as far as teams go but as a whole they have done better National Championship wise!

Reaction Score
#12 Stephen F. Austin could upset #5 Georgia Tech, it is 34 - 17 half time.

Reaction Score
Since 2013 the PAC 12 and BIG 10 haven't won a NC. Actually nobody from the PAC 12 has won since Stanford in 1992! The last time a BIG 10 team has won a NC was Purdue in 1999!
Big East has 1 and tied with the ACC, SEC and BIG 12 for NCs! The AAC has the most with 3. Tied with the rest of Division 1 Womens Basketball combined! The New Big East and the AAC might be weaker conferences as far as teams go but as a whole they have done better National Championship wise!
And The Ivy League used to be a Football powerhouse.

Reaction Score
I live in San Antonio so I can personally testify that the River Walk is the most beautiful of the four bracket namesakes. The Alamo is historic, the Mercado is a marketplace and the Hemisfair with it's tower is impressive but none are as beautiful as the River Walk. I expect that UCONN will make it even more beautiful by the end of the tourney.
I had the opportunity to visit your city about 20 years ago on business with some spare time. As a history buff, of course I enjoyed exploring every corner of the Alamo and its grounds and neighborhood. I was completely unfamiliar and unprepared for the River Walk. I recall walking along above at "street level" with no view of the Walk, then suddenly descending one of the random entrances and being instantly blown-away by what must surely rank as one of the all-time charming urban-renewal type of projects. Fantastic!

Reaction Score
So far in Uconn's River Walk bracket as the early games wind down we have:

-Marquette getting it handed to them by Va Tech. Not a a good look for the Big East as their only other representative looks headed for an early exit. Although credit due for Marquette making a late rally and not going away quietly.

-Iowa handling Central Michigan as "that other freshman sensation" is having a great game as she usually does.
Tried to watch Iowa today until it was clear that Central Michigan wasn't really a threat. I enjoyed seeing Caitlin, who is, as you've said, an outstanding player. She shoots with ease, and the ball seems to explode into the net. But she's playing w/out much help. When she sat for a few minutes, Iowa started to go south. It's really Snow White and the 4 Dwarfs.
Caitlin is a good example of a top notch player who wanted to stay home. Sadly, home is not where the best teams play. Life is full of choices; she's made hers.

Reaction Score
Tried to watch Iowa today until it was clear that Central Michigan wasn't really a threat. I enjoyed seeing Caitlin, who is, as you've said, an outstanding player. She shoots with ease, and the ball seems to explode into the net. But she's playing w/out much help. When she sat for a few minutes, Iowa started to go south. It's really Snow White and the 4 Dwarfs.
Caitlin is a good example of a top notch player who wanted to stay home. Sadly, home is not where the best teams play. Life is full of choices; she's made hers.
She would be a star on any team so she chose what made her happy. Can’t argue much about that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom