Let's say KO inherited the 06-07 team | The Boneyard

Let's say KO inherited the 06-07 team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And even that team had a winning record.

Of course I'm not saying it's a perfect analogy, and I completely understand how dire the football situation is (and that fake FG attempt WAS dumbfounding), but would you have not somewhat adjusted your expectations to better fit reality? If KO opened the 06-07 season against a well-above-average team like Wisconsin or OSU and got beat up, would you really be posting as pissed off and depressed as you are now? Not to mention the basketball program had already established a serious tradition of greatness; something our FB team, let's be real, has barely sniffed.

I know it sucks; I'm just saying, there will be growing pains. If you're not here whining and b-tching, this post shouldn't upset you. The team fought today, a lot harder than any fan (especially the students, sad as it is) did. The coaches are figuring out what they have. Coming back from 3-9 and an entire regime change is a process. Life goes on.

Reaction Score
If you look at the micro view, some of the coaching decisions made were mind boggling. I doubt many fans in the Rent would have attended if they had known this was to be an "exhibition" experience. After all, they paid money and time and should expect to see a team and coaching staff trying to win a game. I'm not sure the coaching staff got that memo after seeing the first couple of series. The team did play hard, just over-matched.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe a better analogy would be imagine if a head coach inherited the 1985-1986 men's basketball team (which in all candor was likely superior to the 2013 football team). We need to realize that what we have accomplished with our basketball programs is beyond exceptional, it is something that in each (men's & women's) case may not have an equal. With that, it still took time for two hall of fame coaches (one who did have nearly a decade and a half head coaching experience prior to arriving in Storrs) time to get things where they wanted them (in a sport with a roster a fraction the size of football).

Reaction Score
Imagine if KO lost to Houston and SMU in back to back games in December, that would surely signal a lost season on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom