Let's make 1 thing clear... | The Boneyard

Let's make 1 thing clear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Less and less people care anymore. Uconn fb now has sucked the life out of fans the none yard is beyond people caring. It is what it is ... A cluster F until deleone is gone and even the die hards don't give a til then. It's evident in the lack of posts. Lack of caring. It is what it is

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Odd thing was the place was as full as it gets in the third quarter. And I really mean was odd.

F

fortebleedsblue

Odd thing was the place was as full as it gets in the third quarter. And I really mean was odd.

I heard that .. Then I heard everyone left b4 game end. People on this board would usually be in meltdown but they are beyond that... Die hards simply don't give a flying anymore. Til the AD grows balls the program is going down the shithole. I know some pretty important donors, hear from a broad spectrum beyond average fans... This program is unless so,etching happens soon. Again look at the lack of caring on the board .. Die hards are numb

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I heard that .. Then I heard everyone left b4 game end. People on this board would usually be in meltdown but they are beyond that... Die hards simply don't give a flying **** anymore. Til the AD grows balls the program is going down the ****hole. I know some pretty important donors, hear from a broad spectrum beyond average fans... This program is Fecundityed unless so,etching happens soon. Again look at the lack of caring on the board .. Die hards are numb

Yep two odd things. The people in the seats jn 3rd quarter and it's quiet here.

Reaction Score
Less and less people care anymore. Uconn fb now has sucked the life out of fans the none yard is beyond people caring. It is what it is ... A cluster F until deleone is gone and even the die hards don't give a **** til then. It's evident in the lack of posts. Lack of caring. It is what it is
It's clear that you don't care since you're on this board every freakin' day.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
At the risk of being totally skewered here....I have to come clean. I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years. This year is the first time that I have ever not lost my voice from standing and yelling on third/fourth down.

I don't know why I'm not doing it this year....I've just stopped. I used to scream till I was hoarse.

In the past I used to stomp on bleachers to make as much noise as possible,

During the Edsall years it seemed like every big third down I screamed.....it was an automatic huge play for the opposing offense.

During the first two PP years.....I am even more demoralized. I just know that our lead is never safe, that we will give up the big play, that the ball won't bounce our way when it counts....I just have no confidence that we can win.

I know I'm wrong when I think it....but sometimes I feel like I care about winning more than our coaches do....because some of the things they do just don't make any sense to me at all. And yet....Just like the HCRE years...I'm told 1) The coaches know the personnel 2) The coaches see the players in practice so they know better 3) We don't have the players other schools get 4) We play to not make mistakes so we don't beat ourselves 5) Players just didn't execute.

I don't know if any of this is true.

What I do know....I make less noise than I used to....I believe less that we will win games (even against what I deem to be inferior foes).....I believe that if there is a way to lose a game, we'll find a way to lose.

Feeling this way sucks.....It's an awful feeling. I want to have a passion for this team. I want to be up by 14 in the first quarter and know that we are going to completely dismantle an opponent and look forward to discussing the merits of our team at the post game tailgate.....

It could be just me.....maybe I expect too much. Judging from the messages and noticeable apathy on this site though....maybe it isn't just me.

I still want the team to win, I still go to all the games I can.... even after moving over 1000 miles away (flew in for the game this weekend). I always stay for the entire game....and when I can't make it I give my tickets to my friends who all root for UConn.

.....but if this team is slowly losing me....someone I consider a die hard fan.....maybe the administration needs to do something....anything to invigorate the program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did I miss the Edsall years where they won at home or something? Yeah stunk on road and beat few good teams but they owned bad teams at home.

Reaction Score
At the start of the game I'm thinking the crowd is going to be 30,000 but people kept coming in so in the 3rd Q it looked close to 40,000. There was a large amount of mid 20's that aren't normally at the games, as many girls as guys maybe more. The longer we sat at 14-7 the more I saw an ending just like what happened. This was a brutal loss. Someone should have run out on the field and stuck a giant fork in the block C. We are going backwards.

Reaction Score
Did I miss the Edsall years where they won at home or something? Yeah stunk on road and beat few good teams but they owned bad teams at home.

No... You didn't miss anything. Hell we went to a BCS bowl....but even that year I felt like any team on the schedule could've beaten us.

Did you ever really feel secure about any game during those Edsall years....even when we won? How many 3rd and longs did we give up the huge play. Have we gradually gotten better....or do we consistently find a way to keep the other team in the game? How many times have we seized defeat from the jaws of victory?

Have you felt gradually more positive about the direction of this program.....or less so? Do you feel the each year we are seeing a retread of the year before?

It's tiring....sometimes I just want to go to a game against an inferior team and not worry. Should I have to bite my nails when we play FCS teams in the future? Is it too much to expect some dominance or should the excitement come from every week being a close game?

Maybe it's just me....if it is....feel free to ignore me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No... You didn't miss anything. Hell we went to a BCS bowl....but even that year I felt like any team on the schedule could've beaten us.

Did you ever really feel secure about any game during those Edsall years....even when we won? How many 3rd and longs did we give up the huge play. Have we gradually gotten better....or do we consistently find a way to keep the other team in the game? How many times have we seized defeat from the jaws of victory?

Have you felt gradually more positive about the direction of this program.....or less so? Do you feel the each year we are seeing a retread of the year before?

It's tiring....sometimes I just want to go to a game against an inferior team and not worry. Should I have to bite my nails when we play FCS teams in the future? Is it too much to expect some dominance or should the excitement come from every week being a close game?

Maybe it's just me....if it is....feel free to ignore me.

I don't care much about things like 'secure'. I liked winning at home and winning 8, 8, 9 and 8. It's better than 5 and 4.

Reaction Score
We rarely, if ever, lost to teams we were supposed to beat under Edsall. At the end of games our OL was beating the out of the other team's DL.

Players played hard under Randy and overachieved quite often. They believed in him so they battled for him.

Up until they way he left I don't remember hearing a bad word about him from parents or past players.

This team has never bought into the system, offensively, and never will.

We have had more WTF games in 19 games under PP than in RE's 8-9 years in the BE.

We have also lost the home field advantage opposing coaches have talked about

Reaction Score
Maybe this has something to do with a bad hire. Things been downhill since he came on board and getting worse. Randy Edsall would not have lost that game. For all his faults he would not have lost that game.

Reaction Score
We rarely, if ever, lost to teams we were supposed to beat under Edsall. At the end of games our OL was beating the out of the other team's DL.

Players played hard under Randy and overachieved quite often. They believed in him so they battled for him.

Up until they way he left I don't remember hearing a bad word about him from parents or past players.

This team has never bought into the system, offensively, and never will.

We have had more WTF games in 19 games under PP than in RE's 8-9 years in the BE.

We have also lost the home field advantage opposing coaches have talked about

Yup. Blue collar smash mouth football. It was a beautiful thing. The O was anemic at times but you always knew by Q4 running would open up and sufficient passing was possible. I loved the whole New England no frills beat the out you power football. It was I always believed we had a chance against most if we could keep it close..the South Carolina, ND and West Virginia games showed what UConn could do. Even the OK game I felt like we stood tall against a better team but showed mettle in the trenches.

I am most bothered by the fact a great program personality built over 10 years of trench warfare, blood sweat and many tears is being destroyed through 2 years of abysmal, uninspired leadership. I'm sorry but Warde Manuel better step up and step up fast. The time for learning is over. It's big boy pants time. This program is going down the shitter faster than the Tidy Bowl man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom