Let's Have a Great Weekend | The Boneyard

Let's Have a Great Weekend

Reaction Score
Basketball is back. I can honestly say that this is the first time in three years I have been excited about an upcoming season. This is a pivotal year for our Huskies as we usher in the Hurley Era. In his first couple months at the reigns, Hurley has demonstrated that he deserves to be UConn's head coach. Is there a long way to go? Sure. But man do I feel great waking up each morning, knowing that Danny Hurley is our head coach. I know he will make our players fight. That excitement of UConn basketball has returned. No more turning the TV off at the under eight timeout in the first half because we are down 20 points to Temple. Winters are long and cold without the Huskies to help get me through.

This weekend we have our first glimpse into the Hurley era with a scrimmage against a good Harvard team, and we will have a top 30 player on campus, a beast of a big man, that we have a legitimate shot at. And if I am Danny Hurley, I am showing Kofi this video to show him how we plan to get him the ball.

Hit Him

So, let's have a great weekend because man am I excited that UConn basketball is back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
According to @Matrim55 it should be one of the best weekends in years...
no, no, no.gif

WE ARE DOOMED!!

Reaction Score
Basketball is back. I can honestly say that this is the first time in three years I have been excited about an upcoming season. This is a pivotal year for our Huskies as we usher in the Hurley Era. In his first couple months at the reigns, Hurley has demonstrated that he deserves to be UConn's head coach. Is there a long way to go? Sure. But man do I feel great waking up each morning, knowing that Danny Hurley is our head coach. I know he will make our players fight. That excitement of UConn basketball has returned. No more turning the TV off at the under eight timeout in the first half because we are down 20 points to Temple. Winters are long and cold without the Huskies to help get me through.

This weekend we have our first glimpse into the Hurley era with a scrimmage against a good Harvard team, and we will have a top 30 player on campus, a beast of a big man, that we have a legitimate shot at. And if I am Danny Hurley, I am showing Kofi this video to show him how we plan to get him the ball.

Hit Him

So, let's have a great weekend because man am I excited that UConn basketball is back.

I was very excited before the Wagner game. I thought we were ready to rock. Turns out we were ready to rock bottom.

Reaction Score

Hit Him

Awesome post, my sentiments exactly

Reaction Score
I agree - I've honestly not been this excited for an upcoming season in years. No slight on recent players, but most games were a tough watch.

I am fine slighting those who played on last years team. Losing is one thing. Being blown out repeatedly is another. I know the fashion at the moment is to blame everything on the departed KO, and by all means KO needs to take a large share of the blame, but you don't lose by over 30 to mediocre teams multiple times just because your coach doesn't care enough.

The returning players have a lot to prove.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am fine slighting those who played on last years team. Losing is one thing. Being blown out repeatedly is another. I know the fashion at the moment is to blame everything on the departed KO, and by all means KO needs to take a large share of the blame, but you don't lose by over 30 to mediocre teams multiple times just because your coach doesn't care enough.

I think you very well could. KO instilled (allowed might be a better term) all kinds of bad habits to permeate the team. Add to the poor prep and in game management, and you've got a recipe for disaster when dealing with college kids.

Anyway, the dispute will be settle this year on the court. I too am excited.

Reaction Score

Hit Him

I've been excited every year. We opened last year with three potentially outstanding pieces in Adams, Gilbert and Larrier and a young coach who had already won a championship. It didn't work out.

I'm excited for the new season, and I have no doubt Hurley will be a success here. But knowing our fanbase, I worry that expectations will be set too high short term, and then when they are not miraculously met people will turn off. I do not love this roster. I think Hurley will make them better, and I don't expect to be blown out repeatedly like last year, but I would be shocked if this is a tournament team. I don't see the quality of big man play.

Reaction Score
So what happens when we hear Harvard beats UConn by 20 in the not so secret scrimmage?
We're so doomed.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what happens, I feel we are headed in the right direction now. I wish we didn't have so many big tests in just the 2nd weekend of the season.

Reaction Score
X-factor is Alterique.

Kid reminds me so much of Boat.

His pressure defense will bring us far.

Reaction Score

Hit Him

Great post - the fun is back !

Reaction Score
I've been excited every year. We opened last year with three potentially outstanding pieces in Adams, Gilbert and Larrier and a young coach who had already won a championship. It didn't work out.

I'm excited for the new season, and I have no doubt Hurley will be a success here. But knowing our fanbase, I worry that expectations will be set too high short term, and then when they are not miraculously met people will turn off. I do not love this roster. I think Hurley will make them better, and I don't expect to be blown out repeatedly like last year, but I would be shocked if this is a tournament team. I don't see the quality of big man play.
Last year I was excited from exactly the end if the Oregon game to halftime against Michigan State

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Looking for improvement, hustle, and no blowouts. I think we can make the tournament and be a 20 win team but we have to win at least 2/3 out of our 5 OOC games vs Cuse, Iowa/Oregon, FSU, Zona, Nova. This year is big as in preparing us for next year IMO

Reaction Score

A Hurley coached team with last year's roster would look nothing like the 14-18 mess we witnessed. The poor habits simply wouldn't be tolerated by this coaching staff. I am not expecting miracles, but we should see substantial progress in year 1. Its year 2 that could get very interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom