Let's Go Back..... | The Boneyard

Let's Go Back.....

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I want to go back to the way it was 2 years ago. I want to concentrate on what I was used to, 2 years ago. I want to center my attention on UCONN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!

I don't want my attention span divided up into several sections composed of NIL, riots, demonstrations, Covid, politics. and other topics which try to make their presence known by capitalizing on the great sport of UCONN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I want to go back to the way it was 2 years ago. I want to concentrate on what I was used to, 2 years ago. I want to center my attention on UCONN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!

I don't want my attention span divided up into several sections composed of NIL, riots, demonstrations, Covid, politics. and other topics which try to make their presence known by capitalizing on the great sport of UCONN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL.
Wow, NIL was top of the list. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
There is no going back, only forward. That's the way it's always been and will always be. If we go back to two years ago, we'll lose in the semi finals of the NC. This year we're going to win.

Reaction Score

I prefer to deal with reality. There's no clicking one's heals three times. Besides, for many of your wishes, there are many who would have to venture back more than two years, if not a lifetime. That's unfortunate.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Sports should be an escape FROM reality; a chance to watch a game for what it is, not a chance to intertwine all of the problems and arguments of the world into a GAME.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Sports should be an escape FROM reality; a chance to watch a game for what it is, not a chance to intertwine all of the problems and arguments of the world into a GAME.
Sport can be an escape, just as we are mostly Husky esp. WBB and that is the reality.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sports have always been associated with many of the harsh realities of the outside world. Consider the 1936 Olympics in Nazi Germany or Jackie Robinson breaking the MLB color barrier in 1947.

We could go all the way back to the Coliseum in Ancient Rome when an estimated 400,000 gladiators died in competition. That was clearly somewhere you didn’t want to have an off day.

Reaction Score

If you're going back, let's go back to the days when UConn was playing championship bb. That was more than 2 years ago. Stewie left, 'Pheesa and Lou couldn't get us over the hump, and since then: nada.
In spite of the problems you cite, pretty much all of us here look forward to genuine saviors in Paige and Azzi. They are the real deal. Starting NOW.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
If you're going back, let's go back to the days when UConn was playing championship bb. That was more than 2 years ago. Stewie left, 'Pheesa and Lou couldn't get us over the hump, and since then: nada.
In spite of the problems you cite, pretty much all of us here look forward to genuine saviors in Paige and Azzi. They are the real deal. Starting NOW.
I agree with you. You sound like a real fan. Sure we all want to win the NC as many times as possible, but I still look forward to every season, and that's what I want to see: pure BASKETBALL.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
We could go all the way back to the Coliseum in Ancient Rome when an estimated 400,000 gladiators died in competition. That was clearly somewhere you didn’t want to have an off day.
Back in the day I moderated a local gladiator fan tablet. If you think things can get ugly on the board today, it was X times worse back then.

"So and so can only slash with his right hand." "So and so can't wield a trident." "So and so doesn't have a good net game." It was brutal.

And talk about one and done. It was pretty typical for a new Gladiator to get a thumbs down in the first match. Now that's a tough crowd!

Reaction Score
I find it difficult to go back. There’s talk of a blight in the peat bogs which will have a devastating effect upon single malt whiskey. It’s been keeping me up at night.

Reaction Score
I find it difficult to go back. There’s talk of a blight in the peat bogs which will have a devastating effect upon single malt whiskey. It’s been keeping me up at night.
Say it ain’t so....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They might not have won NCAA championships...
But the lot have became important cogs in the WNBA and overseas;
displaying their UConn pedigree and strong fundimentals...
The whole bunch (thoughtfully) listed by Chrissaran (thx, my ancient memory flags).
Olympians for the US, France, Canada...god knows who else?

So...they didn't achieve the ultimate (collegiate level)...Too bad..
What they've accomplished since is hardly shabby.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Please Mr. Genie, would you kindly go back into this nice, pretty little bottle. I'd be oh so grateful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom