Lets give some love to Bobby Puyol | The Boneyard

Lets give some love to Bobby Puyol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's already apparent we need him very badly this season. Two game-winning FGs at crunch time in 3 weeks, both from around the 40-yd range.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Bobby Puyol is a sexy, sexy, beast.

upload_2016-9-18_9-5-50.png

How's that?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
He and Wain should be co-MVP's
When your punter is considered a MVP for your team, that's never a good sign.....Puyol I'll give ya and again has been fantastic but I'd rather see some offensive or defensive players getting more props when they are deserved. Unfortuantely, you are correct.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed at how much stronger his leg looks. He had to have been injured to start last year when they had Tarbutt handling KO duties.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He had to have been injured to start last year when they had Tarbutt handling KO duties.

Good point, you have to wonder. That was a great kick from the tough hashmark. I thought for sure karma was against us when the dopey RB bounced outside when the plan was to center the ball.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
When your punter is considered a MVP for your team, that's never a good sign.....Puyol I'll give ya and again has been fantastic but I'd rather see some offensive or defensive players getting more props when they are deserved. Unfortuantely, you are correct.
No doubt it can reflect badly on an offense when the punter draws a lot of attention. But punting is part of the game, and good punters can change/control games. Good punters w/ good offense lead to shut-outs. Good punters w/ inconsistent offense can keep them in the game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He is building toward legendary status. So-so teams (like our's) need great kickers and we have one.

Reaction Score
Overall great performance by Bobby (P). The guy is one of the best.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Special teams is 1/4 of the game:

1) offense
2) defense
3) special teams
4) turnovers

It's a luxury to not worry about the kickers.

Reaction Score
Field goals are an adventure at this level, even a lot of the great teams have no kicking game to speak of. Puyol is automatic, great kicker.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Just like Noel Thomas siad to Rich Capolla in his post-game interview on Fox 61 last night... "I don't even think about him not making a kick, its like hes automatic." We'll certainly need him to come through for us in the clutch this season all year long.

Reaction Score
Biggest thing I have really noticed from him this year is his leg strength on kick offs. He's been very impressive all areas. This team is 2-1 in huge part to his successes. Also had a big field goal in the Navy game. Great example of Senior leadership.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Biggest thing I have really noticed from him this year is his leg strength on kick offs. He's been very impressive all areas. This team is 2-1 in huge part to his successes. Also had a big field goal in the Navy game. Great example of Senior leadership.

Was just about to type the same thing after I read all of the posts here. I can't remember a kick that hasn't sailed over the end zone on a kickoff. I wonder if he'll make his way onto some NFL draft boards as a Day 3 pick. Puyol has been nothing but clutch for us.

What makes him even better is his character. Loved hearing about him seeking out the UVA FR kicker immediately after the game to tell him to keep his head up and hell have more kicks in his career. Their K probably felt like , thanks to his head coach putting him in a tough spot in a "fire drill" situation, and Puyol being one of the first to console him is about as classy and sportsmanshippy as I've ever heard.

Reaction Score
Was just about to type the same thing after I read all of the posts here. I can't remember a kick that hasn't sailed over the end zone on a kickoff. I wonder if he'll make his way onto some NFL draft boards as a Day 3 pick. Puyol has been nothing but clutch for us.

What makes him even better is his character. Loved hearing about him seeking out the UVA FR kicker immediately after the game to tell him to keep his head up and hell have more kicks in his career. Their K probably felt like , thanks to his head coach putting him in a tough spot in a "fire drill" situation, and Puyol being one of the first to console him is about as classy and sportsmanshippy as I've ever heard.
Not that he needs the fist bump, but I acknowledged his sportsmanship via twitter. More people should know of his character. He's not only an award worthy kicker, he is the example of sportsmanship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom