Lets Be Clear ... | The Boneyard

Lets Be Clear ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... HCBD is not getting fired this season or on January 2. UConn simply can't afford to do that. But Bennedict can force the coordinators out and also jointly name or hire an Associate HC with HCBD should the 2016 W-L record end up atrocious.

Your thoughts on this scenario?

Reaction Score
Forcing a coach to implement a style he is not in favor of, is tying his hands behind his back. The offense looks like it does because that is what Diaco wants. The defense seldom blitzes because that is what Diaco wants.

He is not going anywhere. I wish Benedict would tell him he needs to open up the offensive approach, but I do not believe that to be fair. Diaco will ultimately succeed or fail with the style he wants. It is the only fair way to do this.

I've said before it's insane to implement a defensive system that says offenses can't go on prolonged drives without shooting themselves in the foot, than run an offensive system that asks your offense to do just that. But what the he'll do I know.

Reaction Score
If they want to save a few millions and lose the fanbase, then they should keep Diaco. He won't change. He is the coach if we want 3 to 6 wins in the AAC and boring football. If that's our goal, don't expectv any fans to show up.

Reaction Score
If we don't get things headed in a positive direction this year it will be impossible to generate increased attendance or interest going into next year as the emperor will have been proven to have no clothes. We will start the season playing out the string. Bob has to find a way to 6 wins. No Bowl this year is a death knell for him. Cinci will be huge in determining his future here.

Reaction Score
They lose $2m by firing him after this season instead of next season.

How much do they lose by keeping him?

That is the equation Benedict is considering now.

Reaction Score
Once you start forcing coordinators out the head coach is usually next
Yup, that's the point. The imminence of execution either sharpens the mind or he is gone.

Reaction Score
Forcing a coach to implement a style he is not in favor of, is tying his hands behind his back. The offense looks like it does because that is what Diaco wants. The defense seldom blitzes because that is what Diaco wants.

He is not going anywhere. I wish Benedict would tell him he needs to open up the offensive approach, but I do not believe that to be fair. Diaco will ultimately succeed or fail with the style he wants. It is the only fair way to do this.

I've said before it's insane to implement a defensive system that says offenses can't go on prolonged drives without shooting themselves in the foot, than run an offensive system that asks your offense to do just that. But what the he'll do I know.
No one said anything about telling him what style to play. Only that his coordinators must change and an AHC must be named or brought on board.

Reaction Score

+1. And it's even more insane to implement said defensive system while allowing an opposing receiver to set records in the same match-up without adjusting, hence defeating the entire purpose of the philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom