Let's all take a breath | The Boneyard

Let's all take a breath

Reaction Score
We're halfway through Year 2, and as hard as this may be to believe after last night's performance, there is absolutely notable improvement that gives me confidence in the trajectory of the program. Hurley's guys (Adams, Akok, Bouknight, and Gaffney) are the best true unit of players we've had in a while. Factor in Springs and Cole, and I think we have an impressive foundation that we have not had since the Shabazz era. I'm not saying this group plays perfect basketball at the moment, but if they continue to improve at this pace, then we have a lot to look forward to as a fanbase.

It's cliche to say, but this same team coached by KO would only dig us into a deeper hole. While last night's game was awful, it was uncharacteristically bad for Hurley, and the Freshmen+Adams contributed 2/3 of our points. We're a passionate fanbase, but let's not jump the gun and lose faith in Hurley. This is the same guy that has pulled in higher quality recruits than we've had in recent memory, and has won some tough games for us (Syracuse last year, Florida this year, etc.). Sure, there have been plenty of heartbreaking and head-scratching losses (IU, Xavier, Cincy, etc.), but I believe he's going to get us back to where we want to be in March. A year and a half, however, is not the appropriate timeline to expect unparalleled success again. We were in a VERY bad place from 2015 onward due to inept coaching and lackluster recruiting for the most part, but in Hurley's 1+ year at the helm, we're making strides again in the right areas.

Needless to say, last night sobered us a bit... as it probably should have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom